Senior Tax Analyst
- Chicago, IL
Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
Our core belief is that music makes the world a better place. Through Reverb Gives , a portion of every sale provides students, teachers, and leaders of music programs across the world with instruments they need.
We are seeking a tax generalist to be the first dedicated Senior Tax Analyst on the team and manage all day-to-day aspects of Reverb's tax department. You will be responsible for driving all global tax activities within the Finance organization, the focus primarily being on indirect tax. This role will oversee end-to-end compliance operations at Reverb, including tax computation, payment, and exposure analysis. Since you're stepping into a newly created role at Reverb, the opportunity for ownership and impact is significant! You will collaborate closely with our parent company's internal tax department and own all associated reporting.
- Oversee and manage VAT/GST/Sales/Use tax compliance and related issues
- Resolve IT help-desk tickets related to sales & use maintenance and serve as the point of contact for sales & use tax-related customer service questions.
- Coordinate and assist in the maintenance and reconciliation of accrued sales & use tax liabilities.
- Monitor current tax developments and practices, which would affect our various indirect tax liabilities.
- Manage annual 1099 and 1099K filing processes
- Support Etsy Tax in the preparation and review of federal, state and foreign income tax returns
- Support the VP, Finance, Etsy Tax, and operational business partners with special projects and requests such as the R&D credit study
- Manage and maintain inter-company agreement/calculation, transfer pricing structure, documentation, and global TP policies
- Manage tax audits, including coordinating the preparation of responses to document requests, preparation of appeals and other correspondence.
- Monitor and analyze notices and correspondences from various state governments and coordinate the proper responses.
- Be a critical thinker and team player-- we are a small team, and we take an all-hands approach to problem-solving.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance and 5+ years experience in the field, including previous experience in corporate sales and use tax environment
- CPA or equivalent professional work experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with Avalara tax compliance software
- Excellent analytical and communication skills
- A keen eye for detail that makes it difficult for mistakes to get past you
- Retail or eCommerce experience strongly preferred
About our compensation and benefits
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A flexible take it as you need it PTO policy
- 12 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to you community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Back to top