- Chicago, IL
Reverb is a leading online marketplace for buying and selling new, used, and vintage musical instruments. Since launching in 2013, Reverb has grown into a vibrant community of buyers and sellers all over the world. By focusing on inspiring content, price transparency, musician-focused eCommerce tools, a music-savvy customer service team, and more, Reverb has created an online destination where the global music community can connect over the perfect piece of music gear.
The FP&A function at Reverb uses detailed modeling & analytics to generate financial & strategic insights that advise business decisions across the company. Ultimately, our work strengthens Reverb's alignment of its strategic growth initiatives with its financial goals. This entails providing a financial roll-up to assess overall performance and outlook. We provide a trusted voice and work product across all senior leaders and executives as we determine how Reverb invests in growth opportunities. Our mission is to efficiently tell the financial and operational story of what is transpiring in the world of Reverb - to teams, to senior management, and to the community!
Reverb's Financial Analyst will be part of the FP&A team and play an integral role supporting Reverb's financial and operational performance. This position will work directly with the FP&A Manager through various planning and ad hoc exercises, such as financial modeling, forecasts, and reporting. The position requires an experienced financial and strategic minded professional capable of prioritizing multiple priorities in a dynamic, rapidly growing organization who can partner across organizational and functional boundaries to drive projects to completion.
This role is located in Chicago, IL
About the Role
- Lead consolidated & departmental forecasting processes
- Handle & own weekly forecasting of topline metrics
- Partner with Accounting team to analyze results across P&L line items and metrics
- Partner with Analytics function to support and deliver key insights to Product and Marketing Functions
- Work cross-functionally to ensure alignment on forecasted and actual performance
- Support management decision making through analysis and modeling as needed
Skills / Experience Required
- You have 2+ years experience in FP&A, consulting, or transaction services
- Revenue, operating expense and headcount management experience across the P&L
- Demonstrate the ability to identify issues, generate and evaluate alternatives and implement solutions
- Strong technical background: Driver-based financial modeling, Excel, PowerPoint
- Strong understanding of US GAAP accounting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to present your insights visually
- Proven project management skills; capable of carrying projects through to completion with little direct guidance
- Care deeply about the quality and integrity of your work!
About our compensation and benefits
Reverb offers compensation packages that include base, bonus, and equity in the form of Etsy restricted stock units. Some of our key benefits include:
- 100% paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for employees and their eligible dependents (you read it right: no premiums!)
- Life, AD&D, and supplemental long-and short-term disability insurance
- A matching 401(k)
- A flexible take it as you need it PTO policy
- 12 weeks of gender-neutral parental leave for the birth or adoption of a child
- Up to $7,500 reimbursement of adoption-related expenses
- Ways to give back to you community through a charitable contribution match and volunteer time off
At Reverb, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We welcome people from all backgrounds, ethnicities, cultures, and experiences. Reverb is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment.
Back to top