Sr. Technical Writer
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers, delivering unparalleled insight into user behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
As a Senior Technical Writer, you will own technical product content for a customer audience under the guidance of the Director of Knowledge and Training. This position has close interaction with Product Management, Engineering, Product Design, Product Marketing, Service, and Training.
In addition, this role will:
- Play a key role in delivering content for our low-touch customer experience
- Partner with Product Management and Product Design to drive knowledge requirements for products
- Develop and update product content to support product releases
- Innovate the product content experience by adopting new technologies or content tools
- Use analytics as well as customer and internal user feedback to improve product content
- Collaborate with subject matter experts and stakeholders to understand products to produce accurate, comprehensive content
- Establish project and content plans and ensure timely and high-quality content delivery
- A content portfolio – ideally with experience writing about complex technologies
- Positive and proactive attitude toward documenting rapidly changing products and technologies
- Experience applying information architecture and content reuse strategies to drive the best customer experience
- Proficient with Agile methodologies
- Ability to learn, understand, and describe complex technologies
- Understanding of how to write for global audiences with localization best practices
- A bachelor's degree in writing or a related specialty and at least 4 years of proven writing experience. Experience working in a technology environment is preferred
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of Return Path's Employees
Manager, Service Delivery
As a Service Delivery Manager, Connie manages a team of account coordinators, supporting the relationship managers and technical account managers for accounts all across the United States.
Back to top