Return Path is a global Data Solutions Provider that helps the world’s leading companies promote and protect their brands. Every minute of every day, our clients and partners trust our data and insights to help them build closer, safer, and smarter relationships with their customers. Our unique and proprietary data platform, SaaS products, and professional services allow our customers to generate more revenue and engagement from their marketing campaigns, protect their brands and their consumers from fraud, better understand competitors’ strategies and performance, and gain unparalleled insights into the behavior of millions of consumers.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
The Labs team is responsible for developing new products and product features that help our clients to improve their email marketing program using our growing collection of data sources.
The products we are developing deal with very large amounts of data pertaining to the email marketing campaigns of our clients. As a Senior Software Engineer, you will help develop data integration solutions that feed a highly scalable data processing pipeline to power these new products and features. You should have knowledge of RESTful APIs, large-scale data processing systems like Hive, Spark, classical databases and experience with cloud-oriented system design. You should possess a strong syste-ms-oriented mind. You will bring your experience, excellent communication skills and practical, pragmatic thinking into the process of designing and developing these new products.
You will also be working very closely with the Data Scientists and Product Managers to build an effective system that complements the skills of the Data Scientists, while creating a pleasant user-experience for the client.
This is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with a tight-knit team on an emerging product line with high growth potential.
● Build data integration systems to interact with Email Service Provider systems like Exacttarget / Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
● Help build a web-interface for managing clients’ accounts and generating reports, etc.
● Build support infrastructure for monitoring, reporting and disaster recovery.
● Interact with Data Scientists, Product Managers and UX to define and develop effective systems.
● Interact with clients to understand their systems, processes, workflows in order to develop an effective integration and provide the client an excellent user experience.
● Be mindful of cost of the solution, while creating fault-tolerant, high-performance solutions.
● Communicate and document the system design diligently and effectively.
● Promptly communicate project status and risks.
● Experience in working with and designing RESTful APIs for data integration
● Experience working with large data sets
● Experience with in cloud environments like AWS
● Experience with large data processing technologies like Hive and Spark
● Proficiency with scripting languages like Python, Perl
● Knowledge of ORM frameworks
● Experience with SQL
● Strong knowledge of algorithms and complexity analysis
● Knowledge of Data Engineering issues in Machine Learning and Statistical Analysis contexts
In addition to the above technical skills, you should also:
● Have superb communication skills explaining complex ideas to PMs, analysts and other stakeholders
● Achieve defined project goals within customer deadlines; proactively communicate status and escalate issues as needed
● Be self-managing
● Be willing to work in a geographically distributed team using remote-presence tools like Google Hangouts
It is very important that you be a good fit at Return Path. To be successful here, you must demonstrate Personal/Professional Growth, Transparency, Professionalism, Execution, and Strategic Thinking; have a Positive Impact and a great sense of humor.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top