Site Reliability Engineer
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers and purchase receipts from 5,000 retailers around the world, delivering unparalleled insight into purchase behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
We’re passionate about what we do; whether it’s implementing features, improving performance or exploring new products, anyway you spin it…you will be building the next generation of tools to solve the most pressing challenges in the email industry. We’re serious about next gen tech - we’re heavily invested in Docker and Kubernetes . We aspire to practice cutting edge DevOps techniques in order to create the best environment for our engineers to create awesome tech. Return Path is looking for a smart, perceptive Site Reliability Engineer who cares deeply about tooling and automation and who can communicate extremely well. People we hire are pragmatic and versatile. We care more about your ability to get things done with a simple approach rather than your formal education. Moreover, we use the right tool for the job and try to stay adaptable and open-minded in the process.
- Design, develop, deliver, and scale high performance distributed engineering tools and platforms
- Troubleshoot, fix and perform root cause analysis for issues affecting developer productivity
- Actively participate in the planning of new features and products, with a critical eye toward the creation, maintenance and cost of infrastructure necessary to support them.
- Participate in an on-call rotation with the rest of the engineering team.
- Support and enable stable systems that process terabytes of data per month.
- Write and maintain scripts and recipes for collecting performance data ensuring Return Path products include necessary metrics and are properly monitored.
- Communicate issues, goals and milestones effectively.
- Curiosity, a desire to learn, and a drive to build highly available systems.
- Ability to reason about and debug large heterogenous systems.
- Proficient in one or more programming languages: Go, Python, Ruby, etc.
- Experience with or desire to learn Go.
- Unassailable and immensely deep knowledge of Linux, networking, data storage.
- 2+ years of experience with AWS or other cloud hosting providers.
- Strong testing ethos.
- Experience with Docker, CoreOS, and Kubernetes.
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI/CD technologies.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of Return Path's Employees
Manager, Service Delivery
As a Service Delivery Manager, Connie manages a team of account coordinators, supporting the relationship managers and technical account managers for accounts all across the United States.
Back to top