Senior Salesforce Developer
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers and purchase receipts from 5,000 retailers around the world, delivering unparalleled insight into purchase behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
From your first day as a Senior Salesforce Developer, you will play an essential role at Return Path. As a fast growing company, we regularly launch new products and services which require system modifications. The development team builds solutions in systems including Salesforce, Zendesk, Workday, Intacct, and Zuora.
You will be a leader in the group, driving excellence in RP’s usage of Cloud technologies and enhancing user experience. From setting up workflows to alert users of key data to developing new modules in Apex, you will be supporting your colleagues’ ability to deliver products and services to our clients. You will have great opportunities to develop skills, learn about all aspects of the organization, and gain exposure to people at all levels of the company.
What will you do in this role?
- Drive the innovative use of Cloud platforms as productivity tools with User Experience at the top of mind
- Build and support integrations between Salesforce and other business technologies
- Be a company expert on back-end development of Salesforce.com, including but not limited to design of data models, a strong knowledge of SOQL, and usage of web technologies such as jQuery and the REST API
- Develop and Manage the development of Visualforce pages, triggers, apex classes, and unit tests with a focus on test-driven development within the team
- Act as a steward of system & integration architecture, promoting sustainable design and well thought-out solutions
- Tend to the quality of data in all Cloud platforms
- Remain current on best practices and technologies
- Assist the Support team on Production issues as a system SME
- Coordinate with others on bi-weekly Sprints to complete releases using Agile methodologies
We are looking for an experienced Senior Salesforce Developer who believes that elegance and scalability are integral to any project. You must be good at working with internal clients to develop ideas and strategies and turn them into tactics and actions. You must be able to communicate new technologies and processes to stakeholders. You should be smart, curious, motivated, technically savvy, and have great people skills
- Analytical Skills: Thinks analytically and creatively to make the most of available data. Generates new ideas, takes risks, proposes change, encourages innovation, and solves problems creatively.
- Communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing; utilizes appropriate medium for communication based on the situation, delivers effective presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills.
- Quality: Attentive to detail and accuracy, committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels through testing, finds root cause of problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Technical Knowledge & Skills: Adapts to new technologies; demonstrates required technical skills; keeps technical skills up-to-date; troubleshoots technological problems; uses technology to increase productivity.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of Return Path's Employees
Manager, Service Delivery
As a Service Delivery Manager, Connie manages a team of account coordinators, supporting the relationship managers and technical account managers for accounts all across the United States.
Back to top