Senior Email Strategist, Professional Services
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers and purchase receipts from 5,000 retailers around the world, delivering unparalleled insight into purchase behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at RP
The Senior Email Strategist will deliver Professional Services product offerings to Return Path’s clients. This will involve working closely with our e-mail optimisation experts and Client Services team to build and grow the Professional Services organization. Narrowly define and provide resolutions for client email performance problems. Plays a critically important role in ensuring that the root cause of client email problems are fully understood using detailed quantitative analysis; providing resolutions associated with provided analytics and/or best practices Accurately presenting resolution (consultation) to our clients resulting in an increase in email program performance.
In addition, this person will be responsible for:
• Lead complex projects with enterprise and strategic clients, acting as primary project manager across multiple resources (Associate Strategist, Analyst, etc.).
• Provide support to Return Path’s “Platinum Elite” customers where Professional Services has been embedded as part of the broader solution.
• Proactively collaborate on Client Retention by engaging with key clients and internal stakeholders on long-term planning for client/account success (strategic guidance for building the relationship beyond in/out of the project)
• Provide/prepare scoping, proposal and contract preparation assistance for suitably qualified Professional Services opportunities. deals across a variety of customer segments (commercial, key, strategic).
• Actively support enterprise and strategic sales opportunities within territory (both Sales & Service).
• Support cross-functional sales deals that include comprehensive package of Certification, Tools, and/or Services (including Professional Services).
• Provide Sales training:
• In collaboration with the Sales Enablement (North America)
• Directly when requested (International)
• Support thought leadership activities (e.g. blogging, research, industry articles, webinars, seminars, etc.) that are aligned with Email Optimisation. This should include the use of data-led research to support these activities.
• External public speaking (e.g. trade shows, partner events, etc.)
• Participation in industry groups and committees (e.g. DMA, IAB, etc.)
• Work with Return Path’s Product and Data teams to team to drive alignment and uncover opportunities for additional consulting deliverables, ways to use data, etc.
• Participate in the development of potential new client offerings through beta projects with Return Path’s Labs team.
• Lead the development of any data-driven consulting solutions based and Return Path and external data
• Ownership of some team functions (e.g. presenting stats/trends at monthly department meetings.)
• Mentors less tenured members of the Professional Services team.
• Act as a "buddy" to new Strategists in Professional Services.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
• The ideal candidate will have built up at least 5-7 years of email marketing experience, working at one or more of: A brand, operating a large email program; A digital/creative agency, operating email programs on behalf of its clients; an Email Service Provider; an Internet Service Provider/Mailbox Provider.
Has a formal marketing qualification, including extensive demonstrable knowledge of email marketing.
• Capable of analyzing large data sets, and deriving insights that can be applied to improving the performance of clients’ email programs.
• Deep understanding of consumers online/digital journeys, including the interaction between email and complementary online/digital channels.
• A highly organized, operationally minded person that is a critical thinker who can help shape and improve current processes to be better.
• Proven dedication to developing strong client relationships in order to interact with a range of clients in a professional, credible manner
• Use time effectively and efficiently to concentrate efforts on the most important priorities, handle several tasks at once, and consider short and long term goals
• Confident self-starter who naturally takes ownership of finding/developing solutions to clients’ email challenges.
• Capable of getting diverse stakeholders to collaborate, collating their inputs, and distilling a single course of action that all parties are committed to.
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
• Effectively use negotiation to handle concerns or objections
To be successful here, you must demonstrate Personal/Professional Growth, Professionalism, Execution, and Strategic Thinking; have a Positive Impact and a great sense of humor.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Meet Some of Return Path's Employees
Manager, Service Delivery
As a Service Delivery Manager, Connie manages a team of account coordinators, supporting the relationship managers and technical account managers for accounts all across the United States.
Back to top