Sales Operations Specialist
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers and purchase receipts from 5,000 retailers around the world, delivering unparalleled insight into purchase behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
As a Sales Operations Specialist, you be the primary operational business partner to the North America sales teams, which include both hunters (new logo reps) and farmers (installed base reps). Your objective is to help sales teams maximize selling time by providing timely visibility into rep and business performance ensuring streamlined sales processes, and removing operational obstacles. You will be a utility player who will use your resourcefulness to solve a variety of operational challenges. In addition to providing “first line”, or ad-hoc, support to the North America field, you will also work on short and long-term projects that help drive efficiency and productivity across the global sales teams.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Building SFDC reports and helping sellers navigate internal business processes.
- Working with managers to build territories and streamline account assignment processes.
- Helping sales managers understand the performance of their teams. Benchmarking individual rep performance and analyzing several key sales productivity and efficiency metrics. Developing sales productivity scorecards for individual reps.
- Owning pipeline reporting for the global sales team. Collaborating with marketing to develop a comprehensive/holistic view of pipeline dynamics, including performance against service level agreements (SLAs) for marketing qualified leads (MQLs). Co-leading weekly pipeline councils with your marketing colleagues.
- Supporting the Global Partner Alliance team in reporting performance against KPIs and gaining access to data.
- Interfacing with the Platform team to improve automated sales processes.
- Supplying Sales Enablement with metrics that both track their impact on sales performance and help them design future enablement programs.
- Minimum of 3 years in sales operations, preferably in a B2B SaaS business.
- Passion for working with data to provide business insights to key stakeholders.
- Expertise in developing reports and dashboards in salesforce.com (SFDC).
- Expertise in Microsoft Excel, with the ability to: create and manipulate pivot tables.
- Work with more advanced Excel functions such as: vlookup/hlookup, sumifs/countifs (or arrays), index/match.
- Develop scalable Excel models/templates for quick data analysis.
- Develop graphs and data visualizations.
- Strong time management skills and flexibility. This role will field both unplanned ad hoc requests as well as planned projects, and a successful analyst will multi-task and change priorities on the fly as the business requirements change.
- Analytical mind. This role is not just about compiling the data but also driving conclusions and recommendations.
- Strong problem solving skills. You will encounter a wide variety of projects and challenges, and you will need to rely on your creativity and resourcefulness to find solutions to Sales Operations problems.
- Detail Oriented. Sellers and managers will rely on the data and metrics you provide; accuracy is critical to building credibility and trust.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills. You will be required to manage expectations across the sales team and through the management team.
- Ability to work independently. The sales operations team is lean and manages a full workload. While the team is highly collaborative, you will need to be able to drive progress on your projects.
- This role may be located in Broomfield, CO or Indianapolis, IN.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of Return Path's Employees
Manager, Service Delivery
As a Service Delivery Manager, Connie manages a team of account coordinators, supporting the relationship managers and technical account managers for accounts all across the United States.
Back to top