Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers and purchase receipts from 5,000 retailers around the world, delivering unparalleled insight into purchase behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
- Creating new revenue by building and managing a pipeline of customer prospects from identification to negotiation to execution. You will be given a number of direct leads/prospects for development and you will be expected to aggressively develop your own prospects
- Reach or exceed assigned sales quotas and quarterly targets
- Implement sales strategies
- Develop and execute a cold/warm calling strategy to target key prospect
- Connect a customer’s business need with a Return Path product and service
- Plan and execute effective sales calls
- Identify prospective clients’ digital marketing needs and present solutions that meet those needs. Through solutions selling, you will outline an ongoing multi-product solution to increase ROI from their campaigns
- Write effective proposals which address the needs of the prospects and outline a profitable solution for both prospect and Return Path
- Negotiate pricing and contract terms for long term relationships
- Support quarterly business reviews for current customers by developing a growth vision for them and partnering with the Relationship Manager to support renewals and upsell/cross-sell opportunities
- Attend and participate in training and be an active participant in your personal and professional development
- Work actively with Channel, Professional Services, and other internal teams to develop customer solutions
- 60/40% in the office vs. travel
- Fluent in speaking and writing in English and Spanish is essential
- Minimum of 2+ years of SaaS or technology sales experience with proven proficiency in selling and presentation skills (written and verbal)
- Strong selling approach including listening, teaching, asking specific questions to prompt thinking from alternate perspectives
- Previous experience with sales methodologies such as SPIN, Solution Selling, etc.
- You are familiar with digital marketing fundamentals and industry issues
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding sales quota. You’re goal-oriented and highly ambitious
- Rigorous pipeline and sales process management, negotiation and analytical skills
- You have excellent organizational skills and can prioritize activities to drive the sales process forward
- Strong background in being able to speak to both technology and marketing buyers
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of Return Path's Employees
Manager, Service Delivery
As a Service Delivery Manager, Connie manages a team of account coordinators, supporting the relationship managers and technical account managers for accounts all across the United States.
Back to top