Sales Development Specialist
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Consumer Data Network, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers and purchase receipts from 5,000 retailers around the world, delivering unparalleled insight into purchase behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at RP
We are looking for high-energy, aggressive, sales focused individuals to engage with prospects to qualify them for the sale of Return Path products and solutions. The inbound leads will come from a variety of marketing sources that are focused on lead generation. Your overall responsibility as Sales Development Specialist (SDS) is to quickly qualify these opportunities and work with your sales reps to bring them to closure. The SDS is typically the first interaction a prospect has with Return Path so it is imperative to create an amazing prospect experience that will set the stage for effective sales follow up and future account growth. This role will play a crucial role in Return Path’s company growth and also will serve as a springboard to a career in Sales.
Key responsibilities include:
- Initiating telephone and email contact with potential prospects from inbound leads
- Perform effective research in the initial development and ongoing maintenance of potential customers
- Consistently meet inbound lead turn around and follow up requirements
- Consistently meet qualified lead totals on a monthly basis
- Qualify leads with the goal of determining if the prospect fits the buying criteria (Budget, Authority, Needs, Timeline) and to drive to drive pipeline growth by achieving/exceeding monthly quotas
- Work with Sales Reps to insure the smooth transition of information and feedback from qualified leads
- Manage, track, and report ALL activities in Salesforce.com CRM
- Learn and maintain in-depth knowledge of Return Path's products, industry trends, and the competitive landscape
- 1+ years of experience in sales development, sales, and/or marketing (Software as a Service a plus, but not required)
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and French is Essential
- Passion and interest to learn rapidly the digital marketing and security landscape
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Persistent in a professional manner
- Highly motivated, driven, and sales focused
- Ability to work in a fast paced collaborative environment
- Salesforce.com CRM experience a plus
- Bachelor's degree
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of Return Path's Employees
Manager, Service Delivery
As a Service Delivery Manager, Connie manages a team of account coordinators, supporting the relationship managers and technical account managers for accounts all across the United States.
Back to top