Who is Return Path?
Return Path is a global Data Solutions Provider that helps the world’s leading companies promote and protect their brands. Every minute of every day, our clients and partners trust our data and insights to help them build closer, safer, and smarter relationships with their customers. Our unique and proprietary data platform, SaaS products, and professional services allow our customers to generate more revenue and engagement from their marketing campaigns, protect their brands and their consumers from fraud, better understand competitors’ strategies and performance, and gain unparalleled insights into the behavior of millions of consumers.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
Relationship Managers at Return Path are responsible for retaining and growing the business within our existing clients. The goal of this position is to ensure that clients are successful in driving long-term business value through Return Path tools and services resulting in increased revenue and retention. This position requires a person with account management experience, ideally for a SaaS company, who can properly manage client expectations and establish relationships at both day to day and executive levels. The Relationship Manager must plan, schedule, and execute multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and must be a self-motivated closer who can create a large pipeline of business within existing accounts.
• Develop, grow and retain assigned accounts through interaction with clients ensuring on time contract renewal and identification and closing of new opportunities.
• Minimize account and revenue churn by developing strategy for renewals and ancillary services.
• Participate in the planning, development and implementation of sales strategy for assigned accounts.
• Collaborate with the Technical Account Managers and others within the service organization for your named accounts in order to identify client issues and needs during the client lifecycle in an effort to present additional Return Path offerings.
• Understand the full Return Path product suite, its features and benefits, as well as competitive positioning in order to upsell and cross-sell accounts.
• Responsible for ongoing client education, client beta product participation and additional Return Path education.
• Understand the client’s needs, business model, and email goals in order to provide the appropriate product offerings and services.
• Create new relationships with additional contacts throughout the client organization, including influencers and decision makers.
• Develop account plans, and a schedule of calls and in-person meetings for named accounts to discuss opportunities to drive additional long-term business value.
• Conduct quarterly account reviews with customers to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Be detail oriented and capable of managing complex customer engagements.
• Track and report on renewal pipeline and new opportunity pipeline
• Drive all aspects of the sales cycle including, proposals, scoping, pricing and contract negotiations, related to all renewal and new business opportunities
What does it take to be successful in this role?
• 2-5 years of relationship management and sales experience including carrying a quota, uncovering opportunities and successfully closing deals on time.
• Proven ability to interact with a range of individuals from a day to day contact to executives within customer organizations in a professional, credible manner to negotiate and close deals.
• Rigorous pipeline and sales process management, negotiation and analytical skills.
• A motivated team player of who is nimble and intelligent – with the ability to penetrate accounts in order to close deals.
• Strong challenger selling approach including listening, teaching, asking specific questions to prompt thinking from alternate perspectives.
• Effectively use negotiation to handle concerns or conflict and move to close deals.
• Outstanding listening and communication skills in order to develop strong client relationships to further penetrate the client base.
• Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, both about businesses and technologies.
• Previous experience in email or email marketing a plus.
In addition to the above, you must be a good fit at Return Path. To be successful here, you must demonstrate Personal/Professional Growth, Professionalism, Execution, and Strategic Thinking; have a Positive Impact and a great sense of humor.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Back to top