Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers and purchase receipts from 5,000 retailers around the world, delivering unparalleled insight into purchase behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
As a Relationship Manager at Return Path, you will be responsible for retaining the business within our existing clients. The goal of this position is to ensure that clients are successful in driving long-term business value through Return Path tools and services resulting in increased revenue and retention. This position requires a person with account management experience, ideally for a SaaS company, who can properly manage client expectations and establish relationships at both day to day and executive levels. The Relationship Manager must plan, schedule, and execute multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and must be a self-motivated closer who can create a large pipeline of business within existing accounts. In addition, this person will:
- Develop, grow, and drive renewals for assigned accounts through interaction with clients ensuring on time contract renewal and identification and closing of new opportunities
- Message and offer strategies to maximize response
- Provide leadership and partnership to client team and key stakeholders
- Continue to build and evolve comprehensive customer lifecycle
- Collaborate with the Technical Account Managers for your named accounts in order to identify client issues and needs during the client lifecycle in an effort to present additional Return Path offerings
- Understand the full Return Path product suite, it’s features and benefits, as well as competitive positioning in order to retain accounts
- Responsible for ongoing client education, client beta product participation and additional Return Path education
- Understand the client’s needs, business model, and email goals in order to provide the appropriate product offerings and services
- Create new relationships with additional contacts throughout the client organization, including influencers and decision makers
- Develop account plans, and a schedule of calls and in-person meetings for named accounts to discuss opportunities to drive additional long-term business value
- Track and report on renewal pipeline and new opportunity pipeline
- Drive all aspects of the sales cycle including, proposals, scoping, pricing and contract negotiations, related to all renewal and new business opportunities
- Proven ability to interact with a range of individuals from a day to day contact to executives within customer organizations in a professional, credible manner to negotiate and close deals
- A motivated team player of who is nimble and intelligent – with the ability to penetrate accounts in order to close deals
- Effectively use negotiation to handle concerns or conflict and move to close deals
- Outstanding listening and communication skills in order to develop strong client relationships to further penetrate the client base
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, both about businesses and technologies
- Previous experience in email or email marketing a plus
- 5 years of relationship management experience including retaining clients, uncovering opportunities and successfully closing renewals on time
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of Return Path's Employees
Manager, Service Delivery
As a Service Delivery Manager, Connie manages a team of account coordinators, supporting the relationship managers and technical account managers for accounts all across the United States.
Back to top