Partner Development Manager
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers and purchase receipts from 5,000 retailers around the world, delivering unparalleled insight into purchase behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
Partners play a significant role in Return Path’s ecosystem and go-to-market strategy. The majority of our enterprise clients utilize an email service provider (ESP), design agency, consultant or some other email technology vendor to aid in the deployment of email. Consequently, more than half of Return Path’s sales are influenced by partners. The Partner Development Manager will be responsible for managing approximately five global ESP partners.
The main objective of the Partner Development Manager is to leverage the partner’s sales and service teams to resell and refer Return Path’s products and solutions and grow the ARR produced by the partner. You will build deep relationships with partner executive, sales, and service teams, and to a lesser extent, their product, deliverability, and operations teams to achieve this objective. You will also work closely with numerous teams throughout Return Path including our executive team, sales, service, product, product marketing, partner marketing, finance and legal.
- Build strong and lasting relationships by maintaining regular contact with all stakeholders, including executive-level contacts, at Partners via phone and email
- Provide strategic direction to Partners on an ongoing basis based on a thorough understanding of the Partner’s business
- Build and maintain attractive product packaging and pricing with partner that includes or compliments their service offerings
- Enable and support partner’s sales and service teams so that they are comfortable identifying and closing Return Path opportunities
- Achieve set ARR resale and referral goals with partner
- Develop and deliver Quarterly Business Reviews to Partner’s executive team
- Working with Return Path’s Director of Partner Services, develop service and support model for partner clients
- Develop and maintain partnerships agreements
- Work with Return Path and partner product teams to integrate our respective technology and data
- Plan and execute user conferences and regional marketing events
- Attend all major partner events
- Maintain co-branded sales and marketing collateral
- Facilitate development of joint case studies
- Plan joint sales promotions across regions
- Plan and manage joint prospect campaigns
- Define and enforce specific regional rules of engagement
- Maintain relationship between RP and partner service organization
Job Specific Competencies:
- Strategic Account Management - Experience selling into enterprise accounts and understands how to identify and work with stakeholders from multiple areas of the business. Builds strong and lasting relationships to make the partnership successful.
- Creative Thinking - Every partner will have different needs to be successful and will require creativity in adapting Return Path’s solutions and processes to their business model.
- Collaboration and Persuasiveness - Ability to work with many diverse teams within the partner and Return Path to accomplish goals. Advocates for partner needs and timelines.
- Product and Industry Knowledge - Knows and explains product features/benefits and competitive position, understands and communicates the full product line, understands Partner's business operations and needs, understands/responds to the competition, applies market knowledge.
- Communication - Communicates well both verbally and in writing; utilizes appropriate medium for communication based on the situation, delivers effective presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills. Has ability to explain abstract / complex concepts to middle & upper management, both verbally and in writing, and influence behavior.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 5-7 years of partner account management with a track record of success
- 20-25% travel expected
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multi-task effectively
- Familiarity with email marketing fundamentals and industry news; ideally, some expertise working with or at Email Service Providers, and/or understanding of email deliverability
- Strong consultative and selling skills
- Proven ability to work cross-functionally with multiple stakeholders
- Excellent listening, questioning, communication, presentation, interpersonal, writing, and creative problem solving skills
- Comfort with presenting publicly and privately, either in person or via webinar
- Salesforce.com experience a plus
In addition to the above, you must be a good fit at Return Path. To be successful here, you must demonstrate Personal/Professional Growth, Professionalism, Execution, and Strategic Thinking; have a Positive Impact and a great sense of humor.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of Return Path's Employees
Manager, Service Delivery
As a Service Delivery Manager, Connie manages a team of account coordinators, supporting the relationship managers and technical account managers for accounts all across the United States.
Back to top