Enterprise Technical Specialist
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers and purchase receipts from 5,000 retailers around the world, delivering unparalleled insight into purchase behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
As a Desktop Support Analyst you will be responsible for the setup and technical support of all Return Path employees regardless of location. As a 1st line Enterprise Support Specialist, you will be expected to accurately identify, resolve, escalate and record IT problems via phone, remote tools, email and in person. The right candidate will have exceptional customer service skills and a good understanding of IT end user support issues. Finally, you must be well organized, with good administration skills and most of all, you must be enthusiastic, a team player and be eager to learn.
- Provide 1st line desktop support to end-users company-wide
- Setup new user environments
- Assists in general office management tasks and promotes a culture of helping throughout the office
- Maintain service metrics on support request
- Effectively communicate system issues to end-users
- Perform maintenance/patches/upgrades of various system components, hardware and/or software
- Troubleshoots, repairs, maintains, installs, configures, and performs testing activities on personal computers, peripheral equipment, and communications equipment
- Responds to users to resolve hardware and software related issues
- Assists with equipment repair warranties
- Participate in oncall schedule
- Assists with the tracking of all software and hardware inventory
- Assists with rollouts of software and hardware
- Rotation of backup media
- Assists with the development, implementation, and maintenance of technical documentation for the department
- Participate in Infrastructure projects within IT and other departments
- Assist other team members in resolving technical issues in remote offices
- Conducts new hire IT orientations and other end-user training
- What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Experience in a desktop/helpdesk support role
- Exceptional customer service and communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience supporting an environment that heavily uses SaaS applications
- Strong knowledge of Windows desktop and server administration.
- Experience in networking, security and VOIP
- Strong knowledge of user management support within an Active Directory environment
- Experience supporting remote users
- Good familiarity with Mac OS X, OKTA (or other single sign on solutions), VMWare, SysPrep and Windows servers
- Must have experience in Windows, Office, Outlook, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Firefox
- Experience with Microsoft Windows, printing/print services and networking in a Windows Active Directory environment
- PC/Mac hardware and software troubleshooting ability.
- Must be able to provide after-hours/weekend support as needed
- Experience scripting or automating system tasks
- Occasional travel may be required
- Experience with Linux
- Google Apps and other SaaS tools
- A+, Microsoft Certifications, Excel, Access and SQL query knowledge
- Experience with management platforms such as Jamf, Altiris, Connectwise/Labtech or others
- Quality- Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems, is attentive to delivery dates.
- Customer Focus - Builds customer confidence, is committed to increasing customer satisfaction, sets achievable customer expectations, takes a proactive approach to customer service; assumes responsibility for solving customer problems, ensures commitments to customers are met, solicits opinions and ideas from customers, responds to internal customers.
- Technical Knowledge & Skills– Is proficient with Excel; embraces new programming applications, particularly open source solutions; seeks to automate routine tasks with code; comfortable reading manual and reference pages to build upon technical skills. Is proficient at and excited about new technologies, opportunities to learn new computing skills and make use of technology to solve business problems.
- Computer Skills - Skilled in the use of computers, adapts to new technology, keeps abreast of changes, learns new programs quickly, uses computers to improve productivity, leverages the internet to find information.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of Return Path's Employees
Manager, Service Delivery
As a Service Delivery Manager, Connie manages a team of account coordinators, supporting the relationship managers and technical account managers for accounts all across the United States.
Back to top