Email Compliance Analyst
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers and purchase receipts from 5,000 retailers around the world, delivering unparalleled insight into purchase behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
Do you have a strong sense for justice? Do you enjoy analytical problem solving? Do T.V. shows like CSI and Criminal Minds get your blood pumping? Do you thrive in a fast paced and exciting environment?
If so, the innovative Email Certification program at Return Path is looking for a Compliance Analyst, also known as our Email Detective. We certify the best email senders in the world, and the Certification Email Detective is responsible for maintaining the security and quality of our program by analyzing oodles of data to figure out who is skirting our thresholds to who has been hacked, versus who is an all star sender and deserves to be certified. The bottom line is it’s your job to let the good guys in and keep the bad guys out.
What you’ll be doing
- Conduct in-depth investigations, reviews, and audits into member email sending practices to ensure adherence to program standards)
- Provide in-depth analysis of performance quality measurements, to ensure program is continuously improving
- Work closely with product and development teams to improve certification criteria and policies
- Provide exceptional customer service support to internal and external customers by addressing Tier 2 and 3 program inquiries and incidents
- Work with clients to resolve security breaches, including investigation, incident response, and providing consulting and recommendations.
- Interface with support systems, including incident management, knowledge base, and FAQ tools
- Work closely with Certification Applications Team on new member application, compliance, and service issues as necessary
- Collaborate across groups to proselytize program initiatives and strategy
- Take an active role in thought leadership through writing blogs, articles, and whitepapers.
- Research security technologies, propose security controls, and ensure quality of the security alert suite.
- Participate in 24/7 incident response on-call rotation
- 2 to 5 years of work experience in an analytic, data driven customer service support environment or other as applicable – College degree preferred
- Experience with fraud or abuse investigations & large scale email campaigns
- Basic DNS and SMTP troubleshooting
- Familiarity with Unix/Linux environments, basic shell scripting/text editing
- High comfort level with negotiating “big data” environments (millions + datapoints)
- Ability to maintain professional, positive demeanor in high pressure circumstances
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to change gears and address a variety of issues quickly
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to look creatively at the big picture, to follow trends beyond obvious attributes
- Initiative to challenge the status quo, and to act on observations and instinct
- Collaborative mindset – a track record of success in a team environment with demonstrated service, analytic, and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Internet/Web-based Applications
- Ability to work independently and be self-motivated
- Analytical Skills - Thinks analytically and creatively to make the most of available data. Generates new ideas, takes risks, proposes change, encourages innovation, and solves problems creatively.
- Product Knowledge - Knows and explains product features/benefits and competitive position, understands/sells the full product line, understands customer's business operations and needs, understands/responds to the competition, applies market knowledge.
- Quality - Is attentive to detail and accuracy, is committed to excellence, looks for improvements continuously, monitors quality levels, finds root cause of quality problems, owns/acts on quality problems.
- Customer Service - Responds to customer questions and addresses complaints, communicates well with customers, handles service problems politely and efficiently, available for customers, follows procedure to solve customer problems, understands company products and services, maintains pleasant and professional image.
- Communication - Communicates well both verbally and in writing; utilizes appropriate medium for communication based on the situation, delivers effective presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills. Has ability to explain abstract / complex concepts to middle & upper management, both verbally and in writing, and influence behavior.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of Return Path's Employees
Manager, Service Delivery
As a Service Delivery Manager, Connie manages a team of account coordinators, supporting the relationship managers and technical account managers for accounts all across the United States.
Back to top