Email Compliance Analyst
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
Do you have a strong sense for justice? Are bazillion-piece puzzles and 'who dun it' mysteries your thing? Do you have a secret (or not so secret) passion for finding Waldo? Do you thrive in a fast paced and exciting environment?
If so, the innovative Email Certification program at Return Path is looking for a Compliance Analyst. We certify the best email senders in the world, and this role is responsible for maintaining the quality and security of our program by analyzing oodles of data to figure out who is skirting our thresholds or who has been hacked, versus who is an all star sender and deserves to be Certified. The bottom line is it’s your job to let the good guys in and keep the bad guys out.
- Conduct in-depth investigations, reviews, and audits into member email sending practices to ensure adherence to program standards
- Provide exceptional customer service support to internal and external customers by addressing Tier 2 and 3 program inquiries and incidents
- Work closely with Certification Applications Team on new member application, compliance, and service issues as necessary
- Provide in-depth analysis of performance quality measurements, to ensure program is continuously improving
- Work closely with product and development teams to improve certification criteria and policies
- Investigate and resolve client security breaches by performing incident response and providing consultative remediation recommendations
- Assist various groups in resolving customer Certification problems while strengthening internal relations as it relates to Compliance
- Interface with support systems, including incident management, knowledge base, and FAQ tools
- Collaborate across groups to proselytize program initiatives and strategy
- Participate in 24/7 incident response on-call rotation
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 2 to 5 years of work experience in an analytic, data driven customer service support environment or other as applicable – College degree preferred
- Experience with fraud or abuse investigations
- Experience with large scale email campaigns
- Ability to maintain professional, positive demeanor in high pressure circumstances
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Adaptability and flexibility to change gears and address a variety of issues quickly
- Superb written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to look creatively at the big picture, to follow trends beyond obvious attributes
- Initiative to challenge the status quo, and to act on observations and instinct
- Collaborative mindset – a track record of success in a team environment with demonstrated service, analytic, and troubleshooting skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and Internet/Web-based Applications
- High to expert-level skills in Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets
- Basic DNS and SMTP troubleshooting
- High comfort level with negotiating “big data” environments (millions+ datapoints)
- French or Brazilian Portuguese fluency a plus
In addition to the above, you must be a good fit at Return Path. To be successful here, you must demonstrate Personal/Professional Growth, Professionalism, Execution, and Strategic Thinking; have a Positive Impact and a great sense of humor.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top