Director, Data Science and Analytics
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is a global Data Solutions Provider that helps the world’s leading companies promote and protect their brands. Every minute of every day, our clients and partners trust our data and insights to help them build closer, safer, and smarter relationships with their customers. Our unique and proprietary data platform, SaaS products, and professional services allow our customers to generate more revenue and engagement from their marketing campaigns, protect their brands and their consumers from fraud, better understand competitors’ strategies and performance, and gain unparalleled insights into the behavior of millions of consumers.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
Consumer Insight is Return Path’s newest line of business; a startup within the larger enterprise. Our unique data set provides a window into the transactional behavior and brand preferences of millions of consumers at an unparalleled level of granularity and accuracy. The Director is responsible for setting the strategy and pace of data-driven product innovation, while ensuring the highest standards of data quality and accuracy. The Director will manage a team of data scientists, analysts and data quality specialists. The Data Science & Analytics team works closely with Product, Engineering, and Client Services to drive the roadmap and ensure that we deliver a best in class consumer data product.
Data Science & Analytics
- Manage roadmap of data-driven innovation.
- Work with Product, Engineering and Client Services to improve the current data products and participate in developing new ones.
- Excellent ability to communicate the vision, deliverables, and results of complex analytical models to executives, customers and prospects
- Experience architecting and managing large-scale data products and systems from conception to deployment.
- Define thresholds and standards for data quality
- Identify opportunities to streamline and automate data quality processes
- Thought leadership to supplement analytic exploration and reporting with a statistical mindset to discover opportunities for predictive modeling, machine learning
- Inspire and maintain a positive atmosphere of innovation and success across a diverse team of analysts and data scientists
- Ensure that the roles on the team are clearly defined, the expectation of the roles are clearly articulated.
- Actively manage the team such that they are performing to their full potential.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- Master's or PhD with extensive work experience in Statistics, Machine Learning, Measurement Science, NLP.
- 10+ Years of progressive excellence in large-scale engineering, statistical/predictive modeling, machine learning, team leadership, and analytic consulting.
- Experience in market research and measurement
- Experience leading and building out strong and committed teams.
- Collaborative, detail-oriented mindset coupled with the ability to define and shape original research agendas is required, as evidenced by a strong track record of value creation with quantifiable economic value.
- 4+ Years of experience with modern data-science/machine learning stacks, preferably the Python scientific stack (Pandas, sickit-learn, etc.)
- Experience with Data Science in AWS or other cloud computing platforms
In addition to the above, you must be a good fit at Return Path. To be successful here, you must demonstrate Personal/Professional Growth, Professionalism, Execution, and Strategic Thinking; have a Positive Impact and a great sense of humor.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top