Who is Return Path?
Return Path is a global Data Solutions Provider that helps the world’s leading companies promote and protect their brands. Every minute of every day, our clients and partners trust our data and insights to help them build closer, safer, and smarter relationships with their customers. Our unique and proprietary data platform, SaaS products, and professional services allow our customers to generate more revenue and engagement from their marketing campaigns, protect their brands and their consumers from fraud, better understand competitors’ strategies and performance, and gain unparalleled insights into the behavior of millions of consumers.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
The Labs team is responsible for developing new products and product features that help our clients to improve their email marketing program using our growing collection of data sources.
The Data Scientist role is responsible for modeling complex problems, discovering insights, and identifying and effectively communicating opportunities. You should have advanced analytic skills; be proficient at integrating and preparing large, varied datasets; algorithm creation; and communicating results. The Data Scientist will work closely with other data scientists, engineering teams, product management, marketing, and sales. This is an exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with a tight-knit team on an emerging product with high growth potential.
● Identify relevant algorithms and processes for data-driven solutions; code those identified to produce actionable results
● Design, build, and extract large and complex data sets while thinking strategically about uses of data and how data use interacts with data design
● Structure analysis with efficiency and repeatability in mind
● Quantify and track effectiveness of algorithms and processes
● Document and share thought process, code, and conclusions
● Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create algorithmic and data-driven solutions
● Perform exploratory data analysis to provide insight into business questions; summarize in graphs, charts, or other visual representations
● Work with engineering teams to integrate algorithms and data into Return Path solutions
● Work with Product Management and Sales
● Work closely with other data scientists to create data driven products
● Consistently communicate on status of project deliverables
● Stay well-informed about the standards and technology of the email industry
● Other duties will be assigned as the position evolves
What does it take to be successful in this role?
You should have a strong desire to work in a highly collaborative environment, have excellent communication skills, and be very comfortable with rapid change and uncertainty. You’ll be highly accountable for success in a supportive environment that values creative thinking and fast results. You should be comfortable explaining complex ideas to non-technical stakeholders.
● 3+ years of experience in a quantitative or computing field such as math/stats, computer science, machine learning
● Superb communication skills explaining complex ideas to sales, marketing, PM, engineering, and stakeholders
● Achieve defined project goals within customer deadlines; proactively communicate status and escalate issues as needed
● Experience and eagerness to mine data for product development, client support, and marketing support
● Strong statistical background and an understanding of how to apply statistical methods to machine learning
● Algorithm development such as regression, decision trees, neural networks, reinforcement learning
● Strong R and Python programming skills for pulling data, coding algorithms, quantifying, and visualizing results
● Comfortable using varied platforms and applications such as:
o SQL for querying data stored in relational databases
o Perl or Python for scripting
● Linux/Solaris operating system and comfortable with distributed systems and cloud computing
● Is comfortable routinely handling and processing terabytes of data
● Experience with AWS and Spark is a plus
In addition to the above, you must be a good fit at Return Path. To be successful here, you must demonstrate Personal/Professional Growth, Professionalism, Execution, and Strategic Thinking; have a Positive Impact and a great sense of humor.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Back to top