Country Manager, Canada
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is a global Data Solutions Provider that helps the world’s leading companies promote and protect their brands. Every minute of every day, our clients and partners trust our data and insights to help them build closer, safer, and smarter relationships with their customers. Our unique and proprietary data platform, SaaS products, and professional services allow our customers to generate more revenue and engagement from their marketing campaigns, protect their brands and their consumers from fraud, better understand competitors’ strategies and performance, and gain unparalleled insights into the behavior of millions of consumers. Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact you will have at Return Path
Under the supervision of the US Regional Director of Sales, you will assume responsibility for driving new business sales for the Return Path. You will be instrumental in the overall success of the company and will be expected to be a high performing sales professional and a leader within the overall sales organization. As a sales professional at Return Path you will close key logos and high dollar deals and will have the opportunity to collaborate cross-functionally with marketing, sales enablement, product, legal, and finance departments to make an impact on the bottom-line!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and execute an aggressive plan for growth in Canada
- Assure attainment of new business and retention goals for both the channel and direct business
- Establish productive relationships with Global and Strategic partners
- Direct line management of sales and dotted-line responsibility for all Canada-based employees
- Own the P&L
- Enterprise Sales
- Drive revenue by identifying and closing a list of named accounts in your geographic territory
- Develop and scale out a territory-specific strategic enterprise strategy
- Have an Enterprise focused mindset and be able to navigate through a complex sales cycle and negotiate win-win agreements based on solution selling methodology
- Ability to work and close large dollar accounts
- Manage Sales
- Direct line manager for commercial sale
- Guidance and support to execute on sales plan
- 1:1 checkins, enable success
- Build broad and deep relationships with:
- Local/Canadian strategic partner
- local/Canadian representatives of our Global Partners
- drive revenue from partner use of our products/services
- enable partners to sell Return Path products/services to their customers
- 5-7 years of sales experience
- Energetic attitude, willingness to perform and get things done
- Must have a passion for email marketing and working with digital marketers
- Experience with territory planning
- Success prospecting, engaging, acquiring major and enterprise level customers
- Excellent listening, questioning, communication, presentation, interpersonal, writing and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to work cross functionally with sales, marketing, and services teams
- Must have an entrepreneurial spirit and be highly self-motivated
- 75% in the office; 25% travel
Job Specific Competencies:
- Sales Skills - Effectively prospects, identifies business needs, demonstrates capabilities. Has outstanding listening skills and effectively uses negotiation to handle concerns or conflict and move to close; closes business effectively. Understands the value based sale, is competent in Solution Selling, and actively uses marketing tools and services to support sales goals.
- Product Knowledge - Knows and explains product features/benefits and competitive position, understands/sells the full product line, understands customer's business operations and needs, understands/responds to the competition, applies market knowledge.
- Negotiation Skills - Conducts positive negotiations, ability to compromise, resolves conflict, seeks common ground, articulates own and others goals, stays focused on positive outcome that benefits the customer and Return Path mutually.
- Account Management - Expands sales within existing accounts, focuses on customer service, develops relationships with key decision makers and influencers, understands and responds to customer needs, tracks and monitors account activity, ability to positively influence clients to employ best practices.
- Communication - Communicates well both verbally and in writing; utilizes appropriate medium for communication based on the situation, delivers effective presentations, shares information and ideas with others, has good listening skills. Has ability to explain abstract / complex concepts to middle & upper management, both verbally and in writing, and influence behavior.
In addition to the above, you must be a good fit at Return Path. To be successful here, you must demonstrate Personal/Professional Growth, Professionalism, Execution, and Strategic Thinking; have a Positive Impact and a great sense of humor.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together. We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Meet Some of Return Path's Employees
Manager, Service Delivery
As a Service Delivery Manager, Connie manages a team of account coordinators, supporting the relationship managers and technical account managers for accounts all across the United States.
Back to top