Commercial Sales Manager
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers and purchase receipts from 5,000 retailers around the world, delivering unparalleled insight into purchase behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
- Support direct reports (6-8 Commercial Regional Sales Executives) with coaching/feedback from customer/prospect meetings, participating in sales engagements, and engaging corporate resources to help move the sales process
- Ongoing development of sales team which includes recruiting, hiring and training new reps on the Return Path sales process
- Conduct weekly forecast meetings. Coaches direct reports re: strategies to drive closure
- Report on sales activity and forecast to senior sales management
- Consistently monitor the sales activity of the team, and tracks the results
- Maintain and grow relationships at multiple email service providers to drive sales
- 5+ years of sales experience in a management and/or an individual contributor role
- Proven record of success selling email or email optimization solutions
- Ability and track record of driving business in a strategic manner for demand generation
- Proven record of success in a high volume transaction sales environment
- Solid understanding of the email industry
- Excellent presentation and listening skills
- Must be able to thrive in a very fast paced environment
- Experience selling $50K+ deals
- Ability to put together a partner business plan to drive sales
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Return Path is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.
Meet Some of Return Path's Employees
Manager, Service Delivery
As a Service Delivery Manager, Connie manages a team of account coordinators, supporting the relationship managers and technical account managers for accounts all across the United States.
Back to top