Commercial Sales Executive
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers and purchase receipts from 5,000 retailers around the world, delivering unparalleled insight into purchase behavior, brand affinity, and consumer preferences.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
Is selling in your DNA? Are you someone who loves engaging with customers, building a relationship and helping them solve a problem for their business? Are you looking to get into tech sales? If so, this might be the perfect opportunity for you.
Return Path is growing our team of inside sales reps to hunt, prospect and close new sales opportunities and we are looking for top notch sales talent. Ideally you already have a couple of years of sales experience under your belt but are ready to take your sales career to the next level. Maybe you’ve worked for a larger organization and completed their sales training program (think ADP, Enterprise) but now want break into software and technology sales. We’re looking for true sales athletes and the bar we’ve set is high. Come join us!
- You’ll be creating new revenue by building and managing a pipeline of customer prospects from identification to negotiation to execution. You will be expected to aggressively develop your own prospects.
- Reach or exceed assigned sales quotas and quarterly targets.
- Implement sales strategies (we’ll teach you).
- Develop and execute a cold/warm calling strategy to target key prospects
- Establish and maintain good customer relations, both internally and externally.
- Connect a customers’ business need with a Return Path product and service.
- Plan and execute effective sales calls.
- Write effective proposals, which address the needs of the prospects and outline a profitable solution for both prospect and Return Path.
- Negotiate pricing and contract terms for long-term relationships.
- Minimum of one to two years of sales experience with proven proficiency in selling and presentation skills (written and verbal).
- Strong selling approach including listening, teaching, asking specific questions to prompt thinking from alternate perspectives.
- Experience in having some sort of sales quota and having been successful in meeting it. You’re goal oriented and highly ambitious.
- Rigorous pipeline and sales process management, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Aptitude for acquiring sales skills and product knowledge. You like digging into the details of something pretty technical so you can clearly speak to it with your customers.
- Organized with effective time management skills.
- Committed to building a career path.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Meet Some of Return Path's Employees
Manager, Service Delivery
As a Service Delivery Manager, Connie manages a team of account coordinators, supporting the relationship managers and technical account managers for accounts all across the United States.
Back to top