Associate Renewals Specialist
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
Do you enjoy working closely with customers and building relationships? Are you energized by retaining and generating more revenue? If so, the Renewals Specialist at Return Path may be a great opportunity for you. In this role you will play an integral part in renewing and extending contracts for our customer base.
You will be responsible for helping to retain critical business by owning the contract renewal and process so an invoice can be generated. This role requires a person who can work closely with the Relationship Managers to escalate any issues and communicate any additional cross-sell/upsell opportunities.
• Prepare renewal quotes and negotiate prices with clients while maintaining a yearly retention rate
• Own the renewal transaction to create action and urgency in closing renewals timely and accurately
• Seek appropriate approvals for exceptions to standard pricing and terms
• Achieve and exceed quarterly renewal target
• Negotiate long term contracts, price increases, extension terms and other defined terms
• Communicate opportunities for cross-sells and upsells to Relationship Managers
• Escalate issues to proper department as they arise to ensure resolution
• Process and submit renewals through Salesforce to ensure accuracy at all times
• Work to meet or exceed client expectations to assist in creating highly, satisfied, reference able customers.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
• 1-3 years of sales and/or customer support experience
• An organized, operationally minded person that is a critical thinker that can help shape and improve current processes to be better.
• Proven skill in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook), Internet
• Committed to delivery an exceptional customer experience that results on high customer delight and satisfaction.
• Time management, responsiveness and a great operating system
• Very strong written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
• Effectively use negotiation to handle concerns or handle objections
• Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with peers and managers across the organization
• Ability to maintain a professional dialogue and demeanor in challenging situations
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience
In addition to the above, you must be a good fit at Return Path. To be successful here, you must demonstrate Personal/Professional Growth, Professionalism, Execution, and Strategic Thinking; have a Positive Impact and a great sense of humor.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Back to top