Associate Relationship Manager
Who is Return Path?
Return Path is the expert in deliverability. Every day, our customers trust our data and insights to help them optimize their email marketing. Partnered with best-in-class email service providers, we help marketers take their email programs to the next level by driving more response and increasing revenue.
At Return Path, we know email.
Through the Return Path Data Exchange, we’ve brought together the world’s most comprehensive source of data from the email ecosystem. We partner with more than 70 providers of mailbox and security solutions, covering 2.5 billion inboxes—approximately 70 percent of the worldwide total. Also feeding into this data platform is our consumer network of more than 2 million consumers, delivering unparalleled insight into email behavior, brand affinity, and consumer email preferences.
Once you’re an employee here, this is a place where you’ll be challenged, inspired, rewarded, and transformed.
The Impact You’ll Have at Return Path
We are seeking a professional account management and operationally-focused individual that will have an exciting opportunity to play an integral part in shaping the role as it is today, help define the client experience by improving current processes and making critical recommendations to what the customer journey looks like for your accounts. You must have excellent customer relationship and communication skills, exercise sound judgment, and act responsibly in the customer’s and the company's best interest. Must be self-motivated and driven, accountable for individual results, interested in processes and very organized while being a flexible team player.
You will be responsible for retaining critical business within our existing clients. The goal of this position is to ensure that clients are successful in driving long-term business value through Return Path. This role requires a person with account management and operational experience (ideally for a SaaS company) who can properly manage client expectations and establish relationships at both day-to-day and executive levels.
- Communicating with your assigned customer base over the phone and via email daily, in a fast paced, high volume environment.
- You must have excellent verbal and written communication skills, with demonstrated ability to articulate relevant information and connect product features to customer value in a concise and consultative manner.
- Develop and retain assigned accounts through interaction with clients ensuring on time contract renewal and identification of new opportunities.
- Collaborate and partner with the Technical Account Managers for your named accounts in order to identify client issues and needs during the client lifecycle.
- Understand the full Return Path product suite, its features and benefits, as well as competitive positioning in order to retain existing revenue.
- Responsible for ongoing client education, client beta product participation and additional Return Path education while understanding the client’s needs, business model, and email goals.
- Tracking and reporting on renewal pipeline and new opportunity pipeline.
- Drive all aspects of the renewal process including, proposals, scoping, pricing and contract negotiations, related to all renewals.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
- 1-3 years of account management/operational experience.
- Proactive approach to problem solving and managing client relationships.
- An organized, operationally minded person that is a critical thinker that can help shape and improve current processes to be better.
- Committed to delivery an exceptional customer experience that results on high customer delight and satisfaction.
- Time management, responsiveness and a great operating system will be extremely important for this role’s success.
- Proven ability to interact with a range of individuals from a day to day contact to executives within customer organizations in a professional, credible manner to negotiate and close deals.
- A motivated team player of who is nimble and intelligent
- Effectively use negotiation to handle concerns or conflict and move to close deals.
- Outstanding listening and communication skills in order to develop strong client relationships.
- Demonstrated ability to learn quickly, both about businesses and technologies.
In addition to the above, you must be a good fit at Return Path. To be successful here, you must demonstrate Personal/Professional Growth, Professionalism, Execution, and Strategic Thinking; have a Positive Impact and a great sense of humor.
At Return Path, we are building an extraordinary company that helps people and businesses communicate more reliably, effectively, and securely. We put people first, do the right thing, and succeed together.
We have a strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. We incorporate this philosophy into our practices and we live it every day. This means we have generous traditional benefits and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. We also strive to ensure each person in the company is in the right job, knows how his or her job contributes to the overall company mission, and has a clear sense of career growth and direction. We have great employee retention over the years because people love coming to work here and really feel like they're part of something special.
Do the right thing
The Return Path experience is a two-way exchange. We expect you to give us your best every day, and you can expect the same from us. In exchange for your talent, your energy, and your unique contributions, we will strive to give you what you need to live a balanced, healthy life. This means more than competitive pay and benefits—it means offering the freedom and flexibility to create your ideal experience inside and outside the office.
For more information visit www.returnpath.com
Meet Some of Return Path's Employees
Manager, Service Delivery
As a Service Delivery Manager, Connie manages a team of account coordinators, supporting the relationship managers and technical account managers for accounts all across the United States.
Back to top