Lead Technician - Water
We are RMC
Interested in working for a company that is dedicated to serving communities through the restoration of homes and businesses? A company that provides opportunities for advancement while learning alongside a group of experienced, dedicated, skilled remediation leaders? Restoration Management Company is that company. Founded on the premise of hard work, dedication, and commitment to its employees - the expansion of our services throughout the Western States has only been possible through the growth, development and advancement of our employees!
Restoration Management Company expects each, and every employee to embrace and apply in their daily activities the following company CORE VALUES: Team Spirit, Integrity, Quality, Humility. These, in addition to the requirements listed below, are essential to the success of your career with Restoration Management.
The position of Lead Technician II requires the following:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in lead technician role in construction field, and/or restoration/mitigation field or experience gained through successfully meeting job requirements of Lead Tech I.
- Valid Driver's License, with driving record in good standing (Class C)
- Must be insurable
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Able to pass Respirator Physical and obtain respiratory fit exam.
- Industry certifications preferred, with ability to pass medical exams if required for certification.
- Ability to communicate and provide excellent customer service.
- Good grasp of English language (read, write, verbal)
- Comfortable with utilizing software and applications in accessing documents, forms, reports, etc. and submitting same through company approved methods.
- Ability to effectively teach and actively contribute to the development of technicians (crew) through demonstration, encouraging opportunities for growth.
- Strong understanding of safety guidelines and applies to daily tasks
- Successfully completed the Site Safety representative training.
- Possesses thorough knowledge of company SOP's and adheres to guidelines. Shares with crew through application of SOP's in daily activities.
- Expertise in use of hand tools, power tools, and other miscellaneous equipment to complete the job.
- Focuses on continuous growth and development. Asks for feedback and applies what they learn and is willing to do the same for others.
- Can interpret, basic to complex instructions/plans/guidelines (i.e. - Material Data Sheets, schematics, drawings, etc)
Working conditions for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Construction job sites, unfinished , new and damaged
- Repetitive L/R hand motion (use of hand and power tools)
- Climbing, reaching, bending, squatting, crawling
- Requires ability to lift heavy objects frequently (up to 50lbs)
- Can work extended hours and weekends
- Can work in confined spaces
- Can work in unsanitary conditions, regularly
The Lead Technician II must be able to lead a team of technicians through each phase of the mitigation and/or environmental project from the initial stage to completion. This position reports directly to the Supervisor and could be co-managed by the Project Manager and/or Branch Manager of that location. Interfacing with other departments within the company will be required.
Core responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Maintain regular communications with key stakeholders including Branch Manager, Operations Manager, Project Manager, Supervisor and Project Coordinator for purposes of discussing matters relative to project schedules, changes in scope of work, material, and personnel resources to ensure smooth completion of project.
- Perform and/or direct staff to perform necessary tasks to help expedite the completion of the job, including but not limited to: Pickup and order materials, moving client contents, performing necessary repairs at the highest quality while adhering to code regulations and industry standards.
- Lead a group of 3 or more technicians, providing supervision and direction based on defined job parameters.
- Responsible for supervising multiple and different types of jobs in a day - simple to complex to large loss.
- Ensures team provides best customer experience and makes/recommends adjustments based on experience to serve in the best interest of the client and company
- Maintaining company assigned vehicle and restock supplies, as necessary.
- Complete and turn in crew sheets and job notes at the end of each day.
- Serve as role model in following and enforcing company policy and safety procedures while performing services.
- Assist in development of technicians through mentoring, coaching, equipping and encouraging development of skills through feedback..
- Assist in jobsite safety briefings, provides training within scope of knowledge.
- May act as company Site Safety Representative, applies knowledge of industry standards, safety training and understanding of company policies in enforcing safety guidelines.
- Complete timecards in a timely and accurate manner, ensure crew members do the same.
- Turn in completed work orders including but not limited to: measurements, moisture readings, and necessary detailed paperwork for Project Manager to complete billing.
- Maintain trade skills through regular training, as provided by company.
- Continue building knowledge of company services, operations, and standard practices to support individual professional growth.
About the Organization
Restoration Management Company, Northern California's largest emergency service / restoration company is a growing, profitable, privately held company headquartered in Hayward, California. Established in 1985, Restoration Management Company has been providing reliable, year round emergency service, 24-hours-a-day for water, smoke and environmentally damaged property - to commercial, industrial, and residential clients.
- Full-time and part-time positions;
- Opportunity for advancement;
- Great benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, and life insurance)
- Paid holidays
- Competitive salaries
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.