Lead Technician I
We are RMC
Interested in working for a company that is dedicated to serving communities through the restoration of homes and businesses? A company that provides opportunities for advancement while learning alongside a group of experienced, dedicated, skilled remediation leaders? Restoration Management Company is that company. Founded on the premise of hard work, dedication, and commitment to its employees, the expansion of our services throughout the Western States has only been possible through the growth, development, and advancement of our employees!
Restoration Management Company expects each, and every employee to embrace and apply in their daily activities the following company CORE VALUES: Team Spirit, Integrity, Quality, Humility. These, in addition to the requirements listed below, are essential to the success of your career with Restoration Management.
The position of Lead Technician I requires the following:
- Minimum 1-year experience in lead technician role in construction field, and/or restoration/mitigation field or experience gained through successfully meeting job requirements of Tech III.
- Valid Driver's License, with driving record in good standing (Class C)
- Must be insurable
- Displays understanding of safety guidelines, applies to daily tasks and holds accountable his crew for doing the same.
- Possesses awareness of company handbook/policies, SOP's and adheres to guidelines. Communicates desired outcomes and shares with crew through application of SOP's in daily activities.
- Supports development of technicians (crew) through demonstration, encouraging opportunities for growth
- Good knowledge in use of hand tools, power tools, and other miscellaneous equipment to complete the job.
- Continuous growth mindset, open to feedback and applies what they learn for themselves and teaches others.
- Good grasp of English language (read, write, verbal)
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred
- Able to pass Respirator Physical and obtain respiratory fit exam.
- Can interpret and apply basic instructions (i.e. - Material Data Sheets)
- Industry certifications preferred, with ability to pass medical exams if required for certification.
Working conditions for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Repetitive L/R hand motion (use of hand and power tools)
- Climbing, reaching, bending, squatting, crawling
- Requires ability to lift heavy objects frequently (up to 50lbs)
- Can work extended hours and weekends
- Can work in confined spaces
- Can work in unsanitary conditions, regularly
Pay Range: $21.32- $26.65 per hour DOE
The Lead Technician I must be able to lead each phase of the mitigation and/or environmental project from the initial stage to completion. This position reports directly to the Supervisor and could be co-managed by the Project Manager and/or Branch Manager of that location. Interfacing with other departments within the company may be required.
Core responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Maintain regular communications with key stakeholders including Branch Manager, Operations Manager, Project Manager, Supervisor and Project Coordinator for purposes of discussing matters relative to project schedules, changes in scope of work, material, and personnel resources to ensure smooth completion of project.
- Perform necessary tasks to help expedite the completion of the job, including but not limited to: Pickup and order materials, moving client contents, performing necessary repairs at the highest quality while adhering to code regulations and industry standards.
- Lead a small group of technicians, providing supervision and direction based on defined job parameters.
- Maintaining company assigned vehicle and restock supplies as necessary.
- Complete and turn in crew sheets and job notes at the end of each day.
- Serve as role model in following and enforcing company policy and safety procedures while performing services.
- Assist in development of technicians through mentoring, coaching, equipping, and encouraging development of skills.
- Assist in jobsite safety briefings, providing training within scope of knowledge.
- Complete timecards in a timely and accurate manner, ensure crew members do the same.
- Turn in completed work orders including but not limited to: measurements, moisture readings, and necessary detailed paperwork for Project Manager to complete billing.
- Maintain trade skills through regular training, as provided by company.
- Continue building knowledge of company services, operations, and standard practices to support individual professional growth.
About the Organization
Restoration Management Company, Northern California's largest emergency service / restoration company is a growing, profitable, privately held company headquartered in Livermore, California. Established in 1985, Restoration Management Company has been providing reliable, year round emergency service, 24-hours-a-day for water, smoke and environmentally damaged property - to commercial, industrial, and residential clients.
- Full-time and part-time positions;
- Opportunity for advancement;
- Great benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, and life insurance)
- Paid holidays
- Competitive salaries
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.