Lead Technician - Asbestos
We are RMC
Interested in working for a company that is dedicated to serving communities through the restoration of homes and businesses? A company that provides opportunities for advancement while learning alongside a group of experienced, dedicated, skilled remediation leaders? Restoration Management Company is that company. Founded on the premise of hard work, dedication, and commitment to its employees - the expansion of our services throughout the Western States has only been possible through the growth, development and advancement of our employees!
The position of Lead Technician requires the following:
- 3 years minimum experience in asbestos; experience in water and mold is a plus
- Current certification in a EPA approved course for Asbestos Supervisor Certification with current Medical and Fit Testing
- Lead Certification not required, is a plus
- On-call, work weekends and work after hours when necessary
- Regular attendance and arrive to work on-time
- A Current California Driver's License is a plus
- Occasional travel outside of California by automobile or plane, maybe necessary
Working conditions for this position include but are not limited to the following:
- Repetitive hammering, bending, reaching and carrying and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Standing for up to 8 + hours, at times
- Daily traveling is required
The Asbestos Lead Technician are to conduct the monitoring of day-to-day jobs, including water and mold, for timely, utmost cleaning results, and customer satisfaction. Deliver instructions to their assigned technicians and ensure that production is on track. Meet with Management and Project Coordinator to obtain complete understanding of job requirements and documents as necessary to perform work. They communicate to management any Technician issues and / or customer concerns. Communication with Management, Project Coordinator, Customer and / or Third-Party groups is required.
Core responsibilities for the position are as follows:
- Discuss with Management the specifications and plans of job
- Conduct a Job-Site Hazard Analysis for the project site before start of work and train all employees of the potential job hazards, control measures to eliminate, contain or reduce the hazard and other pertinent safety information
- Clearly communicate to technicians all job requirements including but not necessarily limited to; job schedules, work plans, abatement techniques, equipment usage, hazardous conditions and safety procedures, damage control procedures, job site layout, sampling, reporting, and emergency procedures
- Direct all technicians' work activities to comply with company procedures, production and safety requirements
- Train current and new employees as required on job techniques, safety procedures, and equipment use
- Properly complete all necessary paperwork
- Ensure all necessary information and posted notices required are posted at the job site
- Contact managers as appropriate to apprise them of third-party visitations to the job site
- Perform personal air samples
- Perform duties of a Technician working in Asbestos, Water, or Mold, as required
- Comply with RMC policy and procedural guidelines
About the Organization
Restoration Management Company, Northern California's largest emergency service / restoration company is a growing, profitable, privately held company headquartered in Hayward, California. Established in 1985, Restoration Management Company has been providing reliable, year round emergency service, 24-hours-a-day for water, smoke and environmentally damaged property - to commercial, industrial, and residential clients.
- Full-time and part-time positions;
- Opportunity for advancement;
- Great benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, and life insurance)
- Paid holidays
- Competitive salaries
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This position is currently accepting applications.