Sr. DevOps Engineer - AWS ( Remote | Irvine | Austin )
- Austin, TX
Restaurant365 is a young SaaS company disrupting the restaurant industry! Our cloud-based platform provides a unique, centralized solution for accounting and back office operations for restaurants.
Restaurant365’s culture is focused on empowering team members to produce top notch results while elevating their skills. We’re constantly evolving and improving to make sure we are and always will be “Best in Class” ... and we want that for you too!
In 2019 Restaurant365 closed $88 million in Series C funding, bringing the total minority investment by Bessemer Venture Partners, ICONIQ Capital, and Tiger Global Management to $140 million, to support the company's vision of providing the best technology to the restaurant industry. As recently as June of 2021, Restaurant365 announced the acquisition of Compeat, a well-known provider of restaurant back office, workforce, and business intelligence software. Adding Compeat’s feature-rich products advances Restaurant365 further on the journey toward our goal of providing restaurant operators with a powerful tool that simplifies their lives and increases their profits. Serent Capital was added to our investor list as a result of this transaction.
Our diverse portfolio of clients includes well-known nationwide franchises as well as your favorite local spot. From fine dining to fast casual…R365 does it all!
We are excited to welcome an experienced Sr. DevOps Engineer to our team in Austin, TX! In this role, you will be responsible for automating infrastructure and creating CI/CD pipelines and work closely with developers and QA to help facilitate repeatable deployments.
How you'll add value:
- Automate Public cloud environments by utilizing tools such as Terraform, Ansible, and cloud formation.
- Architect and build services and systems in both AWS (Multi-region) with a “Security-First” mindset.
- Container management with AWS EKS, AWS ECS, Kubernetes, Docker.
- Utilize scripting languages such as python, Ruby bash, and PowerShell.
- Follow a continuous deployment, continuous integration model for server provisioning, and application deployment.
- Setup code pipelines for the delivery of code into Production.
- Set configuration standards for Cloud services, automation, Linux, and Windows systems.
- Address escalated infrastructure issues, and monitor infrastructure components for performance, capacity, failures, and uptime.
- Work within strict time frames following change management protocols to provide maximum uptime.
- Implement, review, and adhere to security policies along with working with audit teams.
- Research and remediate system vulnerabilities.
- Interact and coordinate with architects, developers, vendors, and internal business partners.
- Professionally represent the DevOps team as a technical consultant on projects.
- Maintain documentation of all Cloud infrastructure-related components including build and modifications.
- Maintain a solid working knowledge of current infrastructure and future trends.
- Participate in on-call rotation providing “Always On” support.
What you'll need to be successful in this role:
- Extensive experience with DevOps methodologies, processes, and framework.
- Automation expert with coding skills and a mindset to automate manual/repetitive tasks.
- Extensive scripting experience with Terraform, YAML, Ansible, Python, Bash, and knowledge of PowerShell.
- Automation experience in Public cloud environments, with a strong understanding of infrastructure as code.
- Experience in continuous deployment and lifecycle management using tools such as Gitlab, Git, stash.
- Develop code promotion processes, pipelines, and version control.
- Senior Linux engineering skills, and working knowledge of Windows.
- Working experience with Nginx and Apache Tomcat.
- AWS: 5+ years hands-on administration and automation of various AWS services (ECS, EKS, LAMDA, S3, ALB/ELB, etc..).
- Experience with Windows, and Linux.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-velocity environment.
- Minimum of 7 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or equivalent work experience. Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- AWS cloud certification.
R365 Team Member Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive medical benefits
- 401k + matching
- Team member stock options
- Unlimited PTO + Company holidays
- Wellness initiatives
- Philanthropy events
Why join our amazing team?
- We're a community that prides itself in creating innovative solutions and producing quality work.
- Our product is the secret ingredient that makes a real difference to restaurants nationwide.
- The open-concept work environment that we've created is causal, collaborative, and cultivates communication.
R365 was founded by an experienced team of software & finance veterans committed to developing an all-inclusive back office solution. We help restaurants thrive! R365 is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all forward thinkers who embrace change and possess a positive attitude to apply.
Back to top