Loan Officer Assistant
The Loan Officer Assistant supports the Loan Officer with the administrative work of finding prospective clients, guiding clients through the loan application process and gathering information to ensure that an informed decision can be made.
Input of complete and accurate loan applications.
Input of fees to ensure that loan is disclosed properly and within company policy and state and federal regulations for compliance purposes
Assist in and perform upfront pre-qualifications, pull initial credit report and determine the best program for the client
Assist with the pricing and rate lock of the loan
Obtain accurate Automated Underwriting System (AUS) findings
Request complete and full credit documentation from client
Prepare loan to submit to processing department
Work closely with the processing department to ensure that loan meets all commitment and closing dates
Participate in weekly pipeline calls with processing and Loan Officers
Respond to telephone calls and emails from Borrowers, Realtors and Attorneys
Assist Loan Officer in marketing efforts to secure future loan production
Other job duties as designated by RMS
Minimum Requirements (including licenses, registrations and certifications)
• Active licenses in appropriate jurisdictions are required.
• Strong knowledge of FNMA, FHLMC, FHA, VA, RD and State Housing lending guidelines and requirements.
• Loan Officer Assistant must exhibit analytical skills, data integrity and customer service skills.
• Strong math skills including the ability to calculate discounts, interest rate, commissions and percentages.
• Strong communication skills, pro-active approach, able to work independently and ability to multi-task.
This position has familiarity with Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook/SharePoint and the Internet. The Loan Officer Assistant is also proficient in using Encompass and automated underwriting systems (AUS) to include DU/DO, and LP along with in-depth knowledge of mortgage lending and mortgage regulations.
Meet Some of Residential Mortgage Services's Employees
Core Business Applications Manager
Mike is the primary administrator for RMS’ mortgage software and the peripheral applications that support it, responsible for system maintenance, updates, and customizations to improve performance.
Back to top