Rescale is the leader in enterprise big compute in the cloud. Rescale empowers the world's transformative executives, IT leaders, engineers, and scientists to securely manage product innovation to be first to market. Rescale's hybrid and multi-cloud platform, built on the most powerful high-performance computing infrastructure, seamlessly matches software applications with the best cloud or on-premise architecture to run complex data processing, simulations, and the computation of AI, machine learning and other compute-intensive algorithms.
Rescale is a high performance computing platform designed to accelerate the creation of innovations like supersonic airplanes, next-generation biotech, air taxis, rocket ships, and more. Utilizing cutting-edge public cloud resources, the Rescale platform connects the world’s best engineers and scientists to the world’s best compute infrastructure so they can push the frontier further and faster.
We are seeking a HPC Engineer to join our team with a focus in Virtual Workstations or Windows Systems.
At Rescale, this means you will
- Become an expert in how the Rescale platform works, and how it can be applied to solve customers’ HPC problems and workflows on a daily basis.
- Solve various problems related to the software the customers are running on Rescale, requiring a high level of knowledge of the software and an in-depth knowledge of the environment the software runs in. Focus areas are one or both of the following:
- Windows Systems: Automate installation, deployment and maintenance of software on running Windows VMs; Implement multi-node HPC workflows that rely on MPI or client-server compute paradigms on Windows clusters.
- Virtual Workstations (Windows and Linux): Maintain and improve the remote desktop deployments which rely on technologies such as Nice DCV, VNC, Teradici, etc. on Windows and Linux servers
- Ensure that applications interact correctly with the remote desktop environment, and they take full advantage of the hardware and software resources
- Research and implement new remote desktop features or technologies to improve UX and application compatibility on remote desktops
- Maintain the software available on Rescale, including installing and benchmarking the software, and optimizing the software’s performance for the environment it runs in.
- Provide deep technical support to our customers, independent software vendors and strategic partners when escalated.
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS in STEM field with computational engineering and information technology focus (Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science or a similar)
- Working experience with languages such as Powershell, Bash and Python for IT automation and execution of HPC workflows.
- Working experience in with focus on one or both of the following:
- Maintenance and improvement of Windows VMs for computational workflows with or without GUI components
- Maintenance and improvement of graphics stack (GPU drivers, OpenGL, CUDA, Xorg, desktop environment, DCV/VNC and their interactions with GUI applications) on both Linux and Windows platforms.
- General familiarity with cloud providers such as AWS, Azure and Google Compute Engine.
About your team at Rescale and who you will work with:
If you have any questions before applying, please do not hesitate to reach out to Ivan Dedic at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rescale is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Rescale will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.