Senior Backend Engineer
- Flexible / Remote
Rescale is the leader in enterprise high performance computing (HPC) and is one of the fastest growing tech companies in San Francisco. Our customers range from innovative startups designing supersonic jets to global automotive manufacturers to leading integrated circuit companies. Our engineering team is made up of collaborative individuals with diverse backgrounds. Becoming a part of the Rescale team means that you are part of the next generation in Big Compute. You will become part of the disruption which is turning traditional HPC on its head. We need passionate engineers who are ready to take the largest engineering simulation problems in aerodynamics, material science, and genomics to the cloud at an unprecedented scale.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
. Build a platform that makes it easy for scientists and engineers to get their work done through large-scale simulations
. Onboard the latest high-performance VMs and bare metal servers from AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and other major cloud providers and optimize for HPC workloads
. Interface with our team of subject matter experts in mechanical engineering, life sciences, and electronics design to understand customer needs
· Maintaining a reliable product during periods of massive dynamic scale
Key Qualifications include:
· BS in Computer Science or related field.
· 3+ years of programming experience with Java or Python.
· Deep knowledge of object oriented programming, distributed/concurrent/multicore computing, cloud architectures, and scalable databases
· Expertise or strong interest in the following areas: high performance computing, concurrent programming, and security
· Flexibility and dedication to making exceptional products.
Rescale is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity EmployerAs part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Rescale will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
Rescale is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Rescale will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
Back to top