Lead Product Designer
- San Francisco, CA
Rescale is disrupting the $28B high performance computing (HPC) market by accelerating its transition towards cloud automation. Companies use HPC to create the applied science and engineering innovations we use every day, including safer cars, faster jets, new electronics devices, and AI-enabled services. Rescale’s customers range from disruptive and innovative startups to leading companies in nearly every industry.
Rescale accelerates engineering breakthroughs with a multi-cloud automation & performance orchestration platform, enabling key business outcomes: 1) Faster time to market for new products that require engineering & simulation, with workflow automation, secure multi-team collaboration, and performance optimization. 2) Full HPC technology stack automation, including lifecycle automation of simulation software & license management (catalog of 300+ ISV and open-source simulation tools), and always current integration with the latest HPC infrastructures from all major cloud providers. 3) Complete economic visibility, cost control, and optimization of HPC services across projects and teams running on multi-cloud infrastructures
We are looking for product design lead who has a bias for rolling up their sleeves. This means balancing strategic thinking and going deep where it matters, collaborating with development/engineering and go-to-market functions to not only define the product we are building, but also work to ensure its commercial success. We are looking for those who have an eye for where the product needs to go, being intimate with key customer personas, and always optimizing between effort required and time-to-impact with an 80/20 mindset. And of course, fact and data-driven decision-making.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
- Define product design philosophy and position Rescale for growth. You will help overhaul website look/feel and begin working on core new features to improve our brand awareness.
- Assist in executing major customer-facing campaigns and create well-informed design guidelines.
- Transform complex, broad ideas into clean and intuitive mockups and prototypes.
- Instill market-leading design concepts across the product life-cycle including research, sketches, wireframe, and visual design. You will proactively address design issues across the company (product, marketing, etc.).
Key Qualifications include:
- Minimum BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience in UX, Product and/or Service Design.
- Strong design and illustration skills (visual, UI, UX), with a strong portfolio.
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions.
- Ability to iterate and prototype quickly.
- Have managed a team of 10 people or more.
- Expertise in the Adobe suite and/or other visual design tools.
Rescale is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Rescale will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
Back to top