Business Development Representative
- Salt Lake City, UT
Rescale is the leader in enterprise big compute and is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Silicon Valley. Our customers range from disruptive and innovative startups to leading global automotive manufacturers. Our dynamic team is welcoming, collaborative and diverse. Becoming a part of the Rescale team means that you are part of the next generation in big compute. You will become part of the disruption which is turning traditional HPC on its head.
The company’s growth is accelerating: it doubled last year and plans to triple this year. We are making a fundamental bet that we can combine one of the best Silicon Valley engineering teams with the amazing sales talent in Utah. We are building our main inside sales team in Utah, and we’re looking for the next generation of sales leaders with grit, drive, and intelligence.
As a Business Development Representative, you will help drive the growth of Rescale's platform, services, and solutions. Business Development Representatives are responsible for qualifying prospective customers and leads before meeting with Account Executives. Includes following up on marketing generated responses, new outbound penetration, leveraging partner relationships, webinar and event follow-up, and more. Business Development Representatives are being trained and mentored to become Account Executives in a fast-growing organization.
In this role, you will be responsible for the following:
· You will learn the HPC market to better connect with customers during sale interactions. Learning a complex technology and customer persona will be challenging, but will set you up for success wherever you go next in your career, because if you can master a hyper technical product like Rescale, you can sell anything.
· You will have a firm ability to communicate the HPC market. Learning to communicate complex ideas in a simplistic, easy to understand way will be a lifelong tool in your toolbelt and greatly assist you in the future.
· You will consistently hit quota on a quarterly basis (based on meetings held/qualified opportunities). Your quota attainment of meetings will supply a pipeline of introductions to our Account Executives and will lead to our AE team closing deals and ultimately Rescale hitting our annual revenue goal.
· You will be proficient in demonstrating Rescale’s platform and services to a customer.
· You will be consistently at 90+% quota and maintain a wallet pipeline of $900,000 in nine months. Quota attainment like this, when scaled out with the rest of the BDR team, is instrumental to our company being successful.
· 1-3 years sales or customer-facing experience finding and targeting new prospects.
· Ability to work in a fluid/changing marketplace.
· Strong organizational, managerial, and personal skills to successfully communicate with internal and external customers.
· Maintain accurate client communication in both email and on the phone.
· Professional and positive in all interactions with prospects, customers, and co-workers.
· Great verbal and written skills.
· Proven track record of consistently exceeding corporate objectives and quotas.
· Successful experience at new account development.
· Excellent communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
· Self-driven, motivated and results oriented.
· Proven success in developing new accounts and getting into new markets.
· Consistent over-achievement in past positions. Technically adept, self-motivated, and driven by results. We want future Account Executives from our BDR team!
· Salesforce.com or other CRM experience along with experience with other sales tools
Rescale is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Rescale will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
Back to top