Applications Engineer – Platform and HPC Applications (US PR or Citizen)
- Flexible / Remote
Rescale is the leader in enterprise big compute in the cloud. Rescale empowers the world's transformative executives, IT leaders, engineers, and scientists to securely manage product innovation to be first to market. Rescale's hybrid and multi-cloud platform, built on the most powerful high-performance computing infrastructure, seamlessly matches software applications with the best cloud or on-premise architecture to run complex data processing, simulations, and the computation of AI, machine learning and other compute-intensive algorithms.
Rescale is a high performance computing platform designed to accelerate the creation of innovations like supersonic airplanes, next-generation biotech, air taxis, rocket ships, and more. Utilizing cutting-edge public cloud resources, the Rescale platform connects the world’s best engineers and scientists to the world’s best compute infrastructure so they can push the frontier further and faster.
We are seeking a Applications Engineer to join our team!
At Rescale, this means you will work on and impact:
- Becoming an expert in how the Rescale platform works, and how it can be applied to customers’ workflows.
- You will be challenged daily on how to best solve our customers’ HPC problems on our platform.
- Providing technical support to our customers, independent software vendors and strategic partners.
- Solving various problems related to the software they are running on Rescale, requiring a high level of understanding of the software and an in-depth understanding of the environment the software runs in.
- Working and communicating directly with customers, designing workflows, conducting benchmarking, and recommending solutions.
- Operating in an interdisciplinary team environment with developers, engineers, business, and sales personnel.
What we’re looking for:
- BA/BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field.3+ years experience in one or more CAE simulation fields. (Preferably CFD or FEA)1+ year of Linux admin experience.
- Good understanding of Shell/Python scripting.
- Familiarity with HPC, schedulers, and MPI is desirable.
- Must have experience with one or more simulation packages such as: STAR-CCM+, Fluent, CFX, CONVERGE, Comsol, OpenFOAM, WRF, LS-DYNA, Abaqus, or NASTRAN.
- Strongly prefer experience with FUN3D, OVERFLOW, or CART3D.
- Should possess excellent writing and communication skills.
- Due to federal data requirements, must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident.
About your team at Rescale and who you will work with:
- Manager: Raymond Chow, Applications and Support Engineering Manager
- Team: Chris Langel, Jay Kolla, Radhika Gunavelli, Bruno Sotelo, Nidhi Choudhary, Shashank Kashyap, Serege Sidorou, and Angelo Scattini.
If you have any questions before applying, please do not hesitate to reach out to Lexi Postell at email@example.com.
Rescale is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Rescale will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
Back to top