Applications Engineer – Platform and HPC Applications (US Person)
Rescale is the top in enterprise big compute and is one of the fastest growing tech companies in Silicon Valley. Our customers range from disruptive and innovative startups to well-known global automotive manufacturers. Our dynamic team is welcoming, collaborative and diverse. Becoming a part of the Rescale team means that you are part of the next generation in big compute. You will become part of the disruption which is turning traditional HPC on its head.
We are seeking an Applications Engineer to join our team. Due to federal data, this position required US Citizenship or Permanent Residency.
In this role, your duties will include:
• Becoming an expert in how the Rescale platform works, and how it can be applied to customers’ workflows.
• You will be challenged daily on how to best solve our customers’ HPC problems on our platform.
• Providing technical support to our customers, independent software vendors and strategic partners.
• Solving various problems related to the software they are running on Rescale, requiring a high level of knowledge of the software and an in-depth knowledge of the environment the software runs in.
• Working and communicating directly with customers, designing workflows, conducting benchmarking, and recommending solutions.
• Operating in an interdisciplinary team environment with developers, engineers, business, and sales personnel.
Key Qualifications include:
• BA/BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or related field.
• 3+ years’ experience in one or more CAE simulation fields. (Preferably CFD or FEA)
• 1+ year of Linux admin experience.
• High knowledge of Shell/Python scripting.
• Familiarity with HPC, schedulers, and MPI is desirable.
• Must have experience with one or more simulation package such as: STAR-CCM+, Fluent, CFX, CONVERGE, Comsol, OpenFOAM, WRF, LS-DYNA, Abaqus, or NASTRAN.
• Strongly prefer experience with FUN3D, OVERFLOW, or CART3D.
• Should possess excellent writing and communication skills.
Rescale is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring process for new employees, employment with Rescale will be contingent upon successful completion of a comprehensive background check.
Back to top