Sr. Back-End Developer
We build brands online, and we're proud to work with some of the best consumer brands, non-profits, advocacy groups, small businesses, associations, and influential people. Our diverse client base means a variety of fascinating challenges and learning experiences for you.
At REQ, you'll be surrounded by people who are curious, resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, passionate, and proactive. We're a team of thinkers, creators, and builders who act as trusted advisers to our clients and stewards of their marketing budgets. We enjoy each other's company and have fun while we work, which is why we were named as a Best Place to Work in the Washingtonian and Washington Business Journal.
- Write clean and well-documented code
- Collaborate with front and back-end developers to create usable websites for our clients
- Collaborate with the rest of the tech team to create, optimize, and uphold good development processes
- Work closely with other departments to ensure that technical implementations align with overall project objectives
- Fix bugs and issues on existing sites
- Follow current and upcoming technical trends and share ideas and inspiration with the company
- Proficient in PHP, including object-oriented PHP, with more than three years experience
- Experience working with SOAP services
- Experience integrating Drupal user systems with external systems
- Experienced with version control (Git preferred)
- Experience with building custom RESTful APIs
- Proficient in MySQL or other open-source database applications
- Working knowledge of Drupal 7/8 and experience writing custom modules
- Experience with basic system administration in a distributed LAMP environment
- Familiarity with Solr
- Familiarity with other programming languages and content management systems
- Familiarity with web services technologies such as REST and JSON (i.e. open graph, twitter, and other third party APIs)
- Experience working with large databases and user systems
- Experience writing custom migration scripts
- Confident self-starter
- Great communication skills
- Initiative to solve problems on your own
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize accordingly
- While a bachelors degree in any subject is an advantage it is not required -- demonstrable experience is weighed equally with formal training
- Proficiency in building front-end Drupal templates with HTML, SASS, and JS is a plus
- Ability to work out of our D.C. office
- DC Metro candidates only
Please email resume and salary requirements to careers@req .co and reference "PHP Developer" in the subject line.
REQ is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age.
Back to top