Intern - Sales & Marketing (Fall 2019)
We're seeking qualified candidates for a Sales & Marketing Internship within our Washington, DC office. In this position, you'll work closely with REQ's Strategy & Development team. This fall internship requires 20-30 hours per week.
We build brands online, and we're proud to work with some of the best consumer brands, nonprofits, advocacy groups, small businesses, associations, and influential people. Our diverse client base means a variety of fascinating challenges and learning experiences for you. Expect stimulating projects, educational opportunities, involvement in strategy, and a fun team that values your contributions.
At REQ, you'll be surrounded by people who are curious, resourceful, creative, enthusiastic, passionate, and proactive. We're a team of thinkers, creators, and builders who act as trusted advisers to our clients and stewards of their marketing budgets. We enjoy each other's company and have fun while we work, which is why we were named as a Best Place to Work by Inc., the Washingtonian, and Washington Business Journal.
- Assist in REQ's social media strategy, scheduling, and monitoring for platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn
- Support REQ's internal and external events and logistics coordination
- Support website updates and search engine optimization initiatives
- Support REQ's public relations initiatives, such as award submissions
- Draft content for the web
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Within 18 months of degree completion in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications, Hospitality, or a related field
- An exceptional eye for detail and strong organizational skills
- Passion for the digital space and a deep understanding of digital trends and technologies
- Knowledge about social media platforms
- Some exposure to WordPress, Drupal, and Meltwater/Sysomos is a plus
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Office products, especially Word and PowerPoint
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Cloud (InDesign, Photoshop) is preferred, but not required
- Knowledge and experience using Salesforce or similar CRM is a plus
- Ability to work well within a fast-paced team setting
- DC metro area candidates only
Please send your resume and a brief email (3-5 sentences) explaining what your favorite brand is to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference "Sales & Marketing Intern - Fall 2019" in the subject.
No contractors or recruiters, please.
REQ is an equal opportunity employer and seeks qualified candidates regardless of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, disability, national origin or age.
Back to top