New York City: Social Media & Digital Marketing Assistant
- New York, NY
Repeat Roses is seeking a Social Media Assistant to join our growing team! The ideal candidate will be highly motivated to learn more about Repeat Roses and to help assist our marketing efforts while gaining valuable career experience in a fast-paced, rapidly growing environment.
The world of wedding, special occasion celebrations, and social events is waiting for you in Manhattan, and you’ll be helping to ensure that the event flowers get repurposed to bring joy to those in the community who will truly benefit from the emotional health boost that flowers deliver.
You’ll have the opportunity to work with our NYC team; coordinate the planned and real-time social media for our client events in NYC and across the country with hotels, floral designers, wedding planners, restaurants, and event venues; and contribute your strategic thinking and creative edge with our digital marketing campaign, social media platform and editorial content development.
The position is headquartered in our New York City office (with potential to travel to support regional events) and includes occasional evening and weekend work based on the company event calendar. You must reside in the NYC area in order to be considered for this position (this is not a remote position).
What is Repeat Roses?
We think it's our job to stop and smell the roses, shift the paradigm and transform a wasteful industry into an eco-responsible one. We repurpose, pay-it-forward and compost, not because it's cool but because it's in our nature.
We have partnered with luxury corporate clients, non-profit organizations and stylish brides from coast to coast since the company’s founding in 2014. As a member of Repeat Roses, you’ll possess a great sense of service, to our clients as well as to the broader community.
Our vision is striking a chord with the glam, the green and the go-getters - and business is blooming. As we enter a new phase of accelerated expansion, team members will have room to grow with us.
Role & Responsibilities
• Contribute to growth of company’s visibility across social platforms, including but not limited to Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, etc.
• Write highly effective content across various platforms (emails, blogs, website, newsletters, social media, etc.)
• Feature the stories of unique Repeat Roses non-profit partners, wedding clients, and industry vendors.
• Research trends in the wedding and event industry.
• Prepare presentation decks.
• Support sales and business development team with various event coordination, marketing and technology development projects.
Key Desired Qualities:
• Outgoing, ambitious student eager to connect with individuals and organizations interested in using Repeat Roses’ services.
• Flexible, adaptable and resourceful team player who thrives in a fast-paced event planning environment, with the experience and ability to solve challenges with poise and positive demeanor.
• Must be inspired to work in a startup environment and prepared for all that comes with it; understanding the inherent risk but valuing the reward of joining at an early-stage.
• Must possess strong organizational skills to handle the influx of day-to-day communications and tasks, while managing competing priorities.
• Strong communications skills, both written and oral.
• Careful attention to detail.
• Exceptional problem-solving skills
• Working toward or recently completed Bachelor’s degree or higher
• Proficiency in MS Word, Excel and Google Suite.
• Proficiency with social media platforms, specifically Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube and Snapchat.
• Proficiency with cell phone photography and digital image capturing, editing, and cataloging.
• Familiarity with Salesforce a plus.
This is a project-based, freelance position which pays $500/weekly.
Why work at Repeat Roses?
You have the opportunity to join a growing, purpose-driven company that is disrupting the floral and event planning industries. If you have ever wanted to feel like you are making a direct impact to a company's business while making an immediate, meaningful social impact in the communities and environment around you, then Repeat Roses could be the right fit for you.
How to Apply:
Please submit a cover letter letting us know why you are the perfect candidate for this role. Please also include your resume and a link to your LinkedIn page.
Back to top