Floral Design & Client Sales
- New York, NY
We think it's our job to stop and smell the roses, shift the paradigm and transform a wasteful industry into an eco-responsible one. We repurpose, pay-it-forward and compost, not because it's cool but because it's in our nature.
We have partnered with luxury corporate clients, non-profit organizations and stylish brides from coast to coast since the company’s founding in 2014. As a member of Repeat Roses, you’ll possess a great sense of service, to our clients as well as to the broader community. Our vision is striking a chord with the glam, the green and the go-getters - and business is blooming. As we enter a new phase of accelerated expansion, team members will have room to grow with us.
Floral Design & Client Sales
We are seeking a polished individual to join a luxury floral brand opening a new midtown retail outpost near Central Park. The candidate must have experience in both floral design and retail management.
This position is part-time during holiday season with opportunity for full-time beginning 2020. Compensation is $25/hour. Candidate must be able to work at least 20-40 hours/wk including rotating weekends and extra hours when required.
To apply, please reply with a brief personal profile describing attributes/experiences. Please submit your cover letter, resume and images of recent floral design work, and weekly availability in your application. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Key responsibilities include:
- Take direction from Creative Director and Chief Merchandiser.
- Work with Team to create and change in-store and window displays, designs, and looks to enhance the shop's image.
- Check in new floral inventory; unpack stock as it comes into the shop.
- Cut, condition, store and prepare florals for retail display.
- Maintain inventories of floral inventory and gift merchandise.
- Assist clients with selecting flowers for arrangements, working with numerous combinations to synthesize and develop creations based on brand style guide while utilizing knowledge of design and properties of materials.
- Trim material and arrange bouquets, wreaths, terrariums, and other items; package and price final designs.
- Confer with clients to determine needs; assessing budget and type of arrangement desired and the date, time, and place of delivery.
- Perform retail service duties such as keeping financial records, serving customers, answering telephones, selling giftware items and receiving payment.
- Maintain records, documents, or other files.
- Conduct small workshop experiences and demonstrations, and/or train other workers.
- Maximize every selling opportunity by suggesting key services, incorporating brand mission, latest trends, and current promotions.
- Provide thorough product knowledge and answer any inquiries regarding price, features, and benefits, enhancing customer engagement and maximizing sales.
- Perform POS register sales transactions quickly and accurately in accordance with established cash control procedures and customer service guidelines.
- Participate in all store meetings and training sessions to ensure optimal communication is maintained.
- Provide daily sales reports, updates and feedback to corporate office.
Desired qualities include:
- Professional demeanor, strong work ethic and desire to succeed.
- Positive attitude with high energy and a sunny disposition.
- High level of enthusiasm and self-motivation.
- Refined taste level and solid experience designing florals for high-end clientele.
- Exceptional customer relationship management skills.
- Desire to learn and natural curiosity about how to contribute to a more sustainable retail experience.
- Proven ability to work as a team and follow instructions.
- POS cash wrap knowledge.
- Must be able to speak and write English. Additional languages including Spanish a plus.
- Savvy social media skills and basic cell phone image-taking skills.
- Google Suite (Gmail, Google Docs, Google Sheets, etc.)
Back to top