Senior IT Specialist
- Cleveland, OH
Remesh was founded in 2014 with the mission to create a technology that could truly represent the collective intelligence of the people and amplify their unified voice. To date, we have raised $38 million to execute this mission. We are excited to be disrupting the $70+ billion insights industry.
We are a team of passionate, motivated, and intelligent people, with a touch of quirk (i.e., we have fun)! We are all united by a mission to build a platform that can help people truly understand each other - across political, geographical, and cultural divides - to help make the world a better, more understanding place.
We believe in the power of understanding which requires engaging with each other, exchanging ideas, and having a dialogue with groups of people at a massive scale. The Remesh platform is dynamic in that it can scale live conversation of one-to-several people to one-to-many. It uses NLP and machine learning to analyze, understand, and segment participant responses to questions and prompts, online and in real time. Through this process, our customers are able to quickly draw out actionable insights as they engage hundreds of participants simultaneously.
About the Role
As a Sr. IT Specialist in the IT Department, you will have a unique opportunity to support, research, design and implement technologies across Remesh’s computing landscape. The Sr. IT Specialist will partner with operational stakeholders to define requirements and develop architecture for scalable and reliable system environments designed to meet business growth. The qualified candidate selected for this position will provide on-going support to end-users; implement/maintain office network infrastructure; improve cross-team collaboration; assist with defining the management of business systems, and monitoring of third-party vendors.
The qualified candidate will be an IT professional with a proven track record of supporting complex, scalable, and reliable infrastructure solutions as well as championing process developments and improvements. As a Sr. IT Specialist, the candidate must demonstrate effective communication skills as well as technical ability to troubleshoot issues across technology boundaries and work with variety of vendors. The successful candidate will interface extensively with business partners and various management teams.
What you will be doing?
- Training and on-boarding new employees.
- Managing and supporting end-user accounts and devices for business applications.
- Serving as a product expert and educate end-users on new products and tools.
- Monitoring and managing third-party IT vendor relationships.
- Supporting and promoting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Working independently delivering on routine but progressively more non-routine work while meeting deadlines.
- Sharing a divers willingness to learn new information security skills.
- Performing a diverse range of tasks/transactions related to common programs and services by directly applying expanded knowledge obtained from the role in increasingly more complex situations.
- Prioritizing and driving deliverables to execution with minimal supervision
- Providing end-users with consultation and training over the phone & via screen-share
- Bachelor's Degree or higher
- 3 years of experience in IT system administration
- 1 year of experience as G-Suite admin
- Proven documentation skills including proficiency with the documentation and documentation maintenance for processes and procedures
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced startup environment
- Genuine interest in and empathy for end-users
- Ability to understand and consult on complex technical problems
- Tech savvy and incredibly organized
- Extensive experience installing, supporting and troubleshooting hardware peripherals
- Extensive experience troubleshooting & resolving help desk requests, and providing desk support
- Excellent written communication skills
- Effectively work with multiple teams within the organization
- 5+ years of experience in IT system administration
- 3 years of proven and demonstrated ability to perform as a technical lead
- TCP/IP, DHCP & DNS experience
- ACSP, MCP, CCNA, or Security+ certification highly desirable
- Exposure to management of GCP, AWS, or Azure cloud environments
- Familiarity with information security frameworks and standards (NIST, ISO, SOC2, etc)
- Functional knowledge of security information and management products; investigatory procedures; and event documentation/tracking
The Benefits of Working with Remesh
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- 401K plan
Back to top