Junior Software Engineer
- Cleveland, OH
Remesh was founded in 2014 with the mission to create a technology that could truly represent the collective intelligence of the people and amplify their unified voice. To date, we have raised $38 million to execute this mission. We are excited to be disrupting the $70+ billion insights industry.
We are a team of passionate, motivated, and intelligent people, with a touch of quirk (i.e., we have fun)! We are all united by a mission to build a platform that can help people truly understand each other - across political, geographical, and cultural divides - to help make the world a better, more understanding place.
We believe in the power of discovering the Truth which requires engaging with each other, exchanging ideas, and having a dialogue with groups of people at a massive scale. The Remesh platform is dynamic in that it can scale live conversation of one-to-several people to one-to-many. It uses NLP and machine learning to analyze, understand, and segment participant responses to questions and prompts, online and in real time. Through this process, our customers are able to quickly draw out actionable insights as they engage hundreds of participants simultaneously.
About the Role
Software Engineers at Remesh are helping build the world's most trustworthy approach to engaging and understanding massive groups of people in real-time. In doing so, we encounter real engineering problems every day that require a high level of sophistication and expertise. We deal with things like, improving and maintaining a highly available machine learning data pipeline, expanding our extremely high-volume real-time conversation platform, and improving our architecture and infrastructure to remain modular, maintainable, and performant.
As a software engineer at Remesh, you will be scaling a revolutionary means of communication and helping to change the way we understand people. In light of this, we look for strong critical thinking, problem solving, and reasoning abilities. The successful candidate should be a excited to solve complex problems and motivated learners. Because we are using techniques on the edge of research, you'll need to be fluent in keeping up to date with the latest technologies so we can keep pushing our product into the future.
As a Junior Software Engineer at Remesh you will be responsible for building, maintaining, and testing new and old features as a part of our core product and supporting software. You will be working with a cross-functional team of product managers, engineers, and designers to improve existing features, build new ones, and scale out our platform to serve more users and use-cases. The following are the day-to-day responsibilities of the Junior Software Engineer:
- Writing, maintaining, and testing code
- Identifying and resolving issues, bugs, and requests
- Collaborating with product managers and designers to build engaging features for our users
- Supporting our internal teams with engineering expertise
- Collaborating with other engineers to improve our codebase and the architecture and systems supporting it
- Working with other engineers to build complex features
- 1+ years of professional software development experience OR graduation from a 10+ week tech boot camp
- Experience with version control software
- Basic understanding of web technologies
- Knowledge of basic software engineering concepts and conventions
- Experience with Django/Flask/Phoenix/Rails/J2EE or some other backend web framework
- Experience with React.js
- Experience with Redux/MobX or another state management library
- Experience with automated testing
The Benefits of Working with Remesh
- Medical/dental/vision coverage
- 401K plan
Back to top