Web and IOS Creative Designer
Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
We are searching for an eCommerce designer responsible for translating requirements and wireframes into a brilliant designs for web, mobile, and IOS using our design aesthetic and UX best practices to create a beautiful and fluid user experience. You will design the overall functionality of the product and iterate upon it.
- Translate concepts and requirements from wireframes into beautiful designs
- Design and deliver mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces including desktop web, mobile web, and iOS
- Have a great understanding of eCommerce, desktop vs. mobile vs. IOS capabilities and best practices
- Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features
- Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Take smart risks and champion new ideas
- Champion the product and explain the vision and benefits
- Communicate any product challenges and other updates that may affect Ref teams
- Three or more years of design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing beautiful and complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Expertise in Photoshop is a must.
- Ability to work with clients to understand detailed requirements and design complete user experiences that meet client needs and vision.
- Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
- A solid grasp of user-centered design and testing methodologies, subsystems, and usability and accessibility concerns.
- Ability to iterate your designs and solutions efficiently and intelligently.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams and clients.
- A clear understanding of the importance of user-centered design.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams and other stakeholders via a distributed model to regularly deliver design solutions for approval.
- Be willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience with them, and learn from them.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- You are a self-starter and quick learner with entrepreneurial drive and appreciation of user-experience, and business issues.
- You create beautiful, customized designs.
- You aren’t afraid to try new things.
- You’ve shipped products that people love.
- You are always up to date on the latest trends, successes, and failures.
- You innately understand users even when they are nothing like you.
- You believe strongly in your ideas, but are always willing to listen to others and make unbiased decisions because you ultimately want what’s best for the product.
- You’re incredibly detail oriented, but are always focused on the big picture.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Clothing discount
- Paid volunteer time-off
- Bi-Monthly “Ref Talks” to learn about other aspects of our business
- Regular company events and parties (Yoga! Tie-Dye! Documentaries!)
- Pet-friendly office
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
If you are also a creative candidate, please also submit a link to your portfolio.
Meet Some of Reformation's Employees
Sonja designs Reformation's weekly limited edition collections—from style to color to fit—then partners with the Creative Teams to get each piece into customers' closets.
Back to top