Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work closely with design and product development to ensure that designs are translated correctly
- Work closely with in-house pattern makers to ensure fit is accurate
- Assist team in fit sessions by fitting samples on live model, recording comments and communicating with team
- Take and track notes to ensure final fit, quality and construction meets standards; assist in communication with vendors and factory manager on standards
- Create thorough tech packs with sketches, complete construction details, and key measurements
- Follow grade rules, cross-check pattern, production specs, and BOM before release to marking/grading
- Track and monitor execution to time-and-action calendar; record and track all packages; track fit and top of production (TOP) samples; keep archive of samples, notes, trims, etc.
- Read, approve and entering data from lab reports; measure samples; assist in execution of quality assurance protocols; identify problems, where appropriate
- Collaborate and trouble shoot with Production and QA teams to resolve issues
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years experience in technical design of apparel or relevant training
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy, as well as ability to prioritize and make quick decisions
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; team oriented; highly detail oriented and meticulous
- Interest in sustainability a must, experience preferable
- Thrive in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
- Extremely honest and trustworthy with highest integrity
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines, balance creativity with technical capability, and interpret design sketches for tech packs
- Knowledge of garment construction, pattern making, silhouettes, color ways, sewing techniques, fabrication and trim; familiarity with print design and manufacturing
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe products, CAD and Mac computers
- Spanish a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Clothing discount
- Paid volunteer time-off
- Bi-Monthly “Ref Talks” to learn about other aspects of our business
- Regular company events and parties (Yoga! Tie-Dye! Documentaries!)
- Pet-friendly office
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
If you are also a creative candidate, please also submit a link to your portfolio.
Back to top