Sustainability Content Manager
Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
Reformation is looking for a smart, strategic, and creative professional to own content creation for Reformation’s sustainability and environmental programs. The right candidate will be a passionate about sustainability and telling impact stories. They will need to work with our sustainability team to identify story opportunities, then build and execute strategic and creative communications programs that make the most of those opportunities – and that also feed into our broader Ref marketing goals. They will be able to sift through impact data, write strong base content, and design the best communication and content stories to engage our customers.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop story arcs and write copy; deliver copy to Marketing and Creative teams to design and publish
- Maintaining database of product/industry-specific facts and content
- Help develop strategy and format for weekly, monthly and annual sustainability reporting
- Lead event coordination efforts for sustainability-related events and workshops
- Be able to communicate effectively and serve as a brand ambassador for all things sustainability
- Continually research corporate sustainability efforts, policies, and trends to inform our roadmap and ensure Reformation is a leader in the space
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Journalism, English or related field
- 4+ years of journalism, copywriting, or relevant experience; sustainability/environmental field a giant plus
- A track record of building creative communications programs and delivering results
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
WHO YOU ARE:
- Passionate about transforming the fashion industry
- Exercise high judgment, particularly in deadlines and quick decisions
- Think and communicate clearly – formulate a clear point of view on complicated issues and create a concise and well-written narrative to express it
- Work hard and smart
- Deal with ambiguity – have a bias for action and form a cohesive and effective outcome from potentially incongruous facts
- Pay painstaking attention to important details
- React quickly to a changing landscape, while also looking around corners and thinking—and acting—long term
Benefits & Perks:
Health, vision, and dental insurance
Paid volunteer time-off
Bi-Monthly “Ref Talks” to learn about other aspects of our business
Regular company events and parties (Yoga! Tie-Dye! Documentaries!)
Submit cover letter, resume, and writing sample. Will only be able to review applications with writing samples.
Meet Some of Reformation's Employees
Sonja designs Reformation's weekly limited edition collections—from style to color to fit—then partners with the Creative Teams to get each piece into customers' closets.
Back to top