Product Development Specialist
Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
Coordinate and manage flow of product from Patterns through cutting, sewing, Tech and M&G, to maximize efficiency and meet department deadlines and goals. This includes coordinating the workforce, pooling resources and rally team members to meet deadlines and following up with team members to ensure assigned projects and tasks are on track.
This role is the right hand to the Director. Must be able to plan capacity and prioritize deadlines. This is a service oriented role meaning this individual should have a strong sense obligation to lead, assist and provide needs to team members so they can fully execute. Lead by example, be accountable, facilitate interdepartmental cooperation. Championing and reinforcing Department goals and initiative until they become common practice.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure team members have the necessary tools and information needed to fully execute by communicating clearly, regularly following-up and the timely ordering and management of piece goods, trims, send-outs and other Department needs.
- Track output, calculate and compile daily and weekly reports.
- Keep Director updated on status of product in-work, priorities, new work, changes and priority conflicts with suggested resolutions, status of needed components and resources.
- Process Design Sheets and manage reporting/tracking tools. i.e., Sample Log, wall boards in a timely manner.
- Assist Director with Discovery / Problem Resolution partnering with Q.C and Production where needed.
- Support Merchandising team with Photoshoot and misc PP requests.
- Champion and reinforce Department goals, initiatives and best practices.
- Manage specific projects as assigned.
- Contribute to team synergy by demonstrating a positive and cooperative attitude.
- Other administrative tasks
Experience and Skills:
- Preferred Bachelor’s Degree
- 3-5 years of experience in women’s apparel industry.
- Experience and understanding of product development, manufacturing processes
- Knowledge of garment construction, textile construction.
- Superior organizational skills and excellent communication skills; experience managing and motivating teams.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines; highly detail-oriented, meticulous and creative
- Ability to communicate and interact with all cross functional teams.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office /and-or Google Docs.
- Preferred knowledge on patterns and sewing techniques
- Must be able to work under pressure and be able to fix last minute problems on the samples.
- Must be able to understand sample critics and apply to correct the problem
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Clothing discount
- Paid volunteer time-off
- Bi-Monthly “Ref Talks” to learn about other aspects of our business
- Regular company events and parties (Yoga! Tie-Dye! Documentaries!)
- Pet-friendly office
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
Meet Some of Reformation's Employees
Sonja designs Reformation's weekly limited edition collections—from style to color to fit—then partners with the Creative Teams to get each piece into customers' closets.
Back to top