People & Culture Partner (HR Business Partner)
Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
Job Description: People & Culture Partner (HR Business Partner)
As a People & Culture Partner, you will align business objectives with employees and management while preserving the core values of sustainability and entrepreneurship that drive Reformation’s awesome culture. In doing so, you will actively manage the areas of staffing, employee relations, performance management and partner with leaders and managers in establishing and executing on initiatives to address both business and people issues. This role is focused on providing both tactical and strategic support to our Production teams, which includes Pre-Production, Sourcing, Supply Chain, Manufacturing, and Fulfillment.
As our People & Culture Partner (HR Business Partner) you will be responsible for supporting the People & Culture team in creating a best-in-class employee experience for our Production/Manufacturing teams.
- Provide coaching and resources to employees and managers in areas of personal and career goals, staffing initiatives, performance management, employment relations and policy interpretation.
- Take a lead role in in compiling HR metrics, analyzing, reporting and identifying trends with recommendations provided with your strong understanding of vertical apparel business processes.
- Coach managers on feedback & development conversations and assist in navigating interpersonal dynamics.
- Make recommendations for performance management and disciplinary actions, such as performance improvement plans, warnings/suspensions, and/or terminations.
- Partner and provide direction to department managers and company executives on HR best practices, policies, and procedures through your mastery of how apparel retailers function.
- Ensure compliance with Employment/Labor Standards and regulatory compliance.
- Partner with all departments to support employee documentation including policy manuals, job descriptions and organizational charts, hiring and development.
- Manage New Hire Orientations for production employees.
- Work with Operations Manager to coordinate annual Open Enrollment, administer group health plans, and resolve elevated issues.
- Administer, guide, and provide input on wage and hour, CA and federal employment compliance, and collaborate with payroll to ensure implementation of regulated practices around labor laws.
- Deliver and administer compensation and total rewards programs.
- Other additional projects, duties and assignments as required.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum 4-5 years working experience in a human resources capacity.
- Bachelor’s degree or certificate in Human Resources Management is a plus.
- Experience working in a production or manufacturing environment is required.
- Spanish fluency preferred
- Working experience with a strong focus on business partnership.
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with senior level leaders.
- Experience navigating various employee relations issues.
- Thorough understanding of and experience with California & Federal Employment labor laws and regulatory compliance.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Clothing discount
- Paid volunteer time-off
- Bi-Monthly “Ref Talks” to learn about other aspects of our business
- Regular company events and parties (Yoga! Tie-Dye! Documentaries!)
- Pet-friendly office
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
If you are also a creative candidate, please also submit a link to your portfolio.
Back to top