HRIS/People Operations Specialist
Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
Looking to join the Reformation? Reformation has been fortunate enough to experience rapid growth and we are looking for a People Operations Specialist to help us scale across our retail, corporate and manufacturing environments. We are a company that is committed to our mission, and are looking for like minded individuals that want to be a part of disrupting the fashion industry.
The People Operations Specialist is at the heart of Reformation’s People Team and will serve as the glue that holds our people processes and data together. The right person for this role has exceptional attention to detail, is solutions focused, demonstrates excellent communication skills, uses good judgement, and understands that sometimes even seemingly straightforward operational tasks are not always black and white. Nerding out on data will take this person to their happy place and and bad data will make them feel icky inside. Most importantly this person will be as dedicated to providing an amazing experience to our internal customers (our Refs!) as they are to keeping our data flawless!
We're still a young company, so this is a truly great opportunity to be a part of building something from the ground up and be an integral part of creating something meaningful for years to come. This role reports directly to the VP, People & Culture.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the HRIS (Namely) expert - including troubleshooting system questions/issues and providing technical support to all Refs and the People Team
- Collaborate with the People Teammates to implement system workflows in our HRIS while keeping our goal of making processes automated, simple, and easy top of mind
- Administer and proactively improve people processes to ensure compliance, maximum efficiency and a seamless experience for Refs in all employment areas including onboarding, worker’s compensation, cobra, employment verifications, benefits, record management, and offboarding
- Effectively communicate with our ever-growing employee base to ensure our people processes and resources are understood and followed (Bi-lingual Spanish/English a major plus)
- Have a love for getting the administrative things right: flawless employee files, strong reporting, and making sure the house is in order
- Ensure data integrity across all People systems and perform ongoing data reconciliation in partnership with People Partners and Payroll
- Have a basic understanding of the “alphabet soup” of employment laws and keeps up with federal and state trends and employment legislation, ensuring company compliance with FLSA, AFA, FMLA, CFRA, HIPPA, ADA etc (yep! nerd-alert status)
- Microsoft Excel savvy - ability to perform basic excel functionalities and formulas including but not limited to vlookups, pivot tables, and graphs
- Administer and distribute all scheduled and adhoc People reports
- Take an active role in understanding Reformation’s business, org structure, and roles and responsibilities
- Be a team player! Provide project support and assist other People team members on an as needed basis. We work as a team and we win as a team!
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Fluency in both Spanish and English preferred
- Bachelor's Degree Required
- Human Resources certifications and California State certifications a plus
- 2-3 years of related HR operations or coordination experience
- Basic competency in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with non-exempt workforce
- Knowledge of payroll processing and HR systems
- Knowledge of applicable CA and federal employment labor laws
- Some benefits administration experience a plus
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Clothing discount
- Paid volunteer time-off
- Bi-Monthly “Ref Talks” to learn about other aspects of our business
- Regular company events and parties (Yoga! Tie-Dye! Documentaries!)
- Pet-friendly office
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
Back to top