Director of Planning and Merchandising Analytics
If you are great at numbers but don’t want to only stare at a spreadsheet all day, keep reading. If you are excited to be part of a business that is revolutionizing the apparel industry, this is your chance. If you are looking for an opportunity to have an impactful role at a fast paced and high growth business, this is the place.
Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
Reformation is looking for a Director of Planning & Merchandising Analytics. This individual will serve as a key thought leader helping to build and execute the product and inventory strategy for the company. The Planning and Analytics lead will be tasked with managing the company’s inventory planning across both finished and raw goods to support the evolving needs of our fast growth business.
The Director of Planning and Merchandising Analytics will excel at both developing comprehensive and financially sound business strategies and executing against this direction. At Reformation, we strive to build an efficient and dynamic work environment. This individual will identify new and innovative ways to think about merchandising and inventory planning. The right candidate will thrive in a fast paced work environment and will embrace solving complex challenges.
As a team lead, this individual must also prove a capable leader. He/she must have the highest integrity and should be committed to coaching and growing a strong team.
- Manage company inventory levels across apparel and raw goods:
- Develop bottom-up, category level OTB and sales plans on a monthly and weekly level. Ensure plans align with company-wide goals and manage the reconciliation on a regular basis
- Track progress to inventory targets and adjust plans as needed
- Set weekly markdown and transfer targets to optimize inventory across all channels
- Work with finance and production to refine all OTB targets
- Optimize allocation strategy across e-commerce and retail locations
- Deliver weekly business reports that offer fact-based summaries of performance and facilitate decision-making
- Develop pre-season assortment frameworks including:
- SKU targets by class guidance supported by previous performance and profitability metrics
- Style depth guidelines based on seasonality, assortment trends and sales run rates
- Size selling strategies
- Class level pricing plans
- Allocation plan across web and retail locations
- Recommend long-term strategies and company priorities through in-depth analytics and critical thinking:
- Seasonal hind-sighting
- Ad hoc analysis
- Manage merchandising team;
- Oversee merchandising department to ensure accuracy and thoughtful reporting on a weekly basis using relevant metrics for both in-store and online retail channels
- Work with department merchants to develop clear and actionable recommendations on a style level based on weekly performance
- Oversee style level purchasing
- Synthesize department level reporting and communicate clear reporting insights to leadership team
- Work with direct reports to support career development and ensure satisfaction
- Oversee raw goods purchasing budget – propose fabric needs on a style level based on selling information, forecasting, and current inventory position
- Work with leadership team to help build forward financial targets; communicate financial objectives cross-functionally
- Develop deep knowledge of the Reformation customer and products; make recommendations for new styles based on previous and current selling performance
- Work with retail team to integrate customer feedback into future assortment decisions
- Communicate product strategies cross-functionally (e.g., marketing, production, retail)
- Work with marketing team to support all key launches
- Lead Merchandising Strategy and Planning team
- Work cross-functionally with multiple groups such as marketing, production, and finance; collaborate and influence other teams effectively
- Develop repeatable processes and systems for scale
Who you are:
- You are super smart with strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Your colleagues love working with you and your manager loves having you on the team
- You can set targets and manage a cross-functional effort to achieve those targets
- You motivate others; you communicate clearly; you inspire your coworkers.
- You are a collaborative, hardworking, problem solver, who leads by example.
- You don’t understand 9 to 5.
- You are way above average, and only want to work at a place that is nowhere near average.
- You are a proven leader that can manage, influence, and inspire individuals of varied backgrounds
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Clothing discount
- Paid volunteer time-off
- Bi-Monthly “Ref Talks” to learn about other aspects of our business
- Regular company events and parties (Yoga! Tie-Dye! Documentaries!)
- Pet-friendly office
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
If you are also a creative candidate, please also submit a link to your portfolio.
Back to top