Director of Logistics
Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
Director of Logistics
We are looking for a Director of Logistics who will be responsible for ensuring the efficient and effective control of raw goods and finished goods inventories, and all fulfillment functions for E-commerce and retail. As a tech-savvy leader in operations, you will work closely with our teams to implement first-class receiving and inventory control procedures that can scale with Reformation. We will look to you to integrate and innovate systems to optimize the flow of all raw and finished goods.
- Help define supply chain strategy and build processes that support Reformation’s imperatives.
- Hire, train, and lead an effective team, and develop a people strategy that scales with the business
- Develop, iterate, and maintain business processes, best practices, and other documentation across the team.
- Develop and implement an effective raw materials receiving operation that maximizes transit cost savings and speed.
- Manage inspection and quality control procedures for raw materials receiving; communicate issues (i.e. shortages, defects) to Purchasing/Finance for remediation with vendors.
- Develop partnerships with significant suppliers and negotiate rates for shipping assets, and other department supplies.
- Ensure adherence to operational and safety procedures.
Material Management :
- Oversee finished goods inventory and all aspects of receiving, shipping, and returns.
- Ensure current and accurate inventory of all fabric and all trims in ERP; conduct physical inventories as needed.
- Report inventory position for all materials and ensure any potential supply issues are communicated immediately, along with the impact to the business.
- Assist in the resolution of process-related issues and act as an information resource for all things raw and finished goods.
- Ensure that store distributions & customer orders are picked and shipped with high accuracy, quality, and speed.
- Manage retail operations related to inventory receiving, control, and movements.
Cost Management :
- Lead budget management, financial analysis, reporting standards and performance measurement communication that provides visibility and guidance for operations team and leadership.
- Manage outbound shipping budget, and initiatives to maintain ship speed and quality while reducing costs.
- Ensure efficient utilization of space, equipment and teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or a related field; MBA a plus.
- 5+ years of experience in logistics/inventory control management.
- Previous experience in ERP, WMS, e-commerce systems.
- Working knowledge of warehousing operations, inventory, receiving, and order processing.
- Strong understanding of financial concepts related to project evaluation, financial forecasting, return on investment, etc.
- Work effectively in a team environment with both corporate and warehouse teams.
- Have experience leading teams including training, motivating and resolving issues.
- Experience in the retail or apparel industry.
- Quantitative modeling background.
- Not only are you able to develop new processes and drive strategic initiatives, but you can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- Gifted analytical thinker; proven ability to synthesize complex data into simple and compelling recommendations for improvement.
- Experience working in a high growth environment, with constantly shifting priorities; ability to create order out of chaos.
- More apt to saying “yes” or “we’ll try” (rather than “no” or “that’s impossible”).
- Acts with a sense of urgency--strong time management.
- Someone who leads by example.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Clothing discount
- Paid volunteer time-off
- Bi-Monthly “Ref Talks” to learn about other aspects of our business
- Regular company events and parties (Yoga! Tie-Dye! Documentaries!)
- Pet-friendly office
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
If you are also a creative candidate, please also submit a link to your portfolio.
Back to top