Director of HR
Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
As we grow rapidly, we need a Director of People who will hire, develop, and retain talent to keep our teams happy, fulfilled, and productive. The ideal candidate will be incredibly well connected with a broad network to gain leads to the best talent. This person will also be obsessed with building innovative systems and processes to craft the absolute best workplace. What makes people happy and fulfilled in their work? How do we incentivize and motivate our employees in the most effective way? You will answer strategic questions like these to set the tone, culture, and ultimately, the future of the business.
You will have incredibly high EQ, empathy, and be an astute judge of character. The candidate will bring a fresh perspective to the stale practice of people operations and will not be tied to the status quo. This position will manage a team of three.
This is not a traditional HR role.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop – facilitate growth and mentorship
- Create a process around performance reviews, compensation, and internal promotion
- Build professional development practices to facilitate active mentorship and training
- Retain – proactively craft our work environment and culture
- Understand concerns and needs of our employees; act as liaison and mediator
- Develop effective incentive policies to motivate employees
- Build and protect our culture via new processes, traditions, norms
Skills and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) from top program; MBA from top program a plus
- Looking for fresh perspectives on the practice of managing people, so no HR experience required – tell us why your past work experience qualifies you for this position
- Background in management consulting with top tier firm plus 1-2 years operational experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to influence a group and build credibility quickly at all levels
- Broad network of contacts in various industries and circles – you’re that person who knows just about everybody
- Experience managing cross-functional teams, resolving conflict, and creating a cooperative environment
Who you are:
- You have incredibly high IQ and EQ; you’re a good judge of character.
- You’re known for being a creative thinker who comes up with innovative, fresh ways of solving problems.
- Your colleagues love working with you; your manager loves having you in the boardroom on their team.
- You motivate others; you communicate clearly; you inspire your coworkers.
- You are obsessed with people operations and culture; your energy around this is infectious.
- You don’t understand 9 to 5.
- You are way above average, and only want to work at a place that is nowhere near average.
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Clothing discount
- Paid volunteer time-off
- Bi-Monthly “Ref Talks” to learn about other aspects of our business
- Regular company events and parties (Yoga! Tie-Dye! Documentaries!)
- Pet-friendly office
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
If you are also a creative candidate, please also submit a link to your portfolio.
Meet Some of Reformation's Employees
Sonja designs Reformation's weekly limited edition collections—from style to color to fit—then partners with the Creative Teams to get each piece into customers' closets.
Back to top