Reformation is a fast-growing company that is redefining fashion. We make killer clothes that don’t kill the environment and want our garments’ impact on the planet to be as low as possible. After all, there’s nothing less sexy than leaving a big nasty mess.
Job Description: Controller
Reporting to our CFO, Reformation is looking for a Controller responsible for providing our organizational leaders with accurate, timely financial data for decision-making. This is a perfect opportunity for a candidate who would define themselves as a self-starter who thrives in fast-paced, dynamic accounting environments.
- Primary responsibility is to prepare financial statements and supporting schedules according to monthly close schedule
- Perform monthly close procedures and work with divisions on close and reporting issues
- Month end close including preparation of month-end balance sheet reconciliations
- Preparation of journal entries and supporting documentation
- Provide audit support schedules for both internal and external audits
- Ensure compliance with the Company’s established internal controls
- Assist in improving accounting processes and leveraging technology to create efficiencies
- Provide analysis for monthly activity for balance sheet and expense accounts
- Assist with financial and tax audits
- Assisting with various ad hoc projects and on-going efforts toward increased automation
- Implement, document and maintain adequate and effective workflows to improve the close cycles to ensure timely and accurate reporting
- Assist in monthly & bi-annual budget reporting & financial modeling
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in Accounting or Finance
- Completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA / CGA / CMA)
- 5+ years accounting/finance experience
- Advanced working knowledge of Excel and strong database skills
- Working knowledge of QuickBooks
- Strong financial acumen and analytical agility
- Detail oriented, organized and able to meet tight deadlines
- Hands-on or entrepreneurial attitude, results driven, prefers to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
- Self-starter - ability to act and operate independently with minimal daily direction from manager to accomplish
- Proven prioritization, time management and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build lasting relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Benefits & Perks:
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- Clothing discount
- Paid volunteer time-off
- Bi-Monthly “Ref Talks” to learn about other aspects of our business
- Regular company events and parties (Yoga! Tie-Dye! Documentaries!)
- Pet-friendly office
Please submit your resume and a short cover letter telling us about yourself and why you are a great fit for Reformation!
If you are also a creative candidate, please also submit a link to your portfolio.
Meet Some of Reformation's Employees
Sonja designs Reformation's weekly limited edition collections—from style to color to fit—then partners with the Creative Teams to get each piece into customers' closets.
Back to top